Instructional Technology Update
Introducing Bulldog Tech Challenge #4 | Quizlet
Quizlet is a free website and app that students can use to create their own interactive vocabulary flashcards (with images) or browse 1000s of decks created by others around the world. Once created, students can learn and practice using 6 different study and game modes. Flashcards also have build-in audio in 18 languages; making this tool perfect for language study, practicing pronunciation and learning new vocabulary.
Mark Your Calendar! Upcoming Training Opportunities
3 Ways to Flip Your Class
- When: January 14th (Periods 1,2,4,6) and January 15th (Periods 3,5,7)
- Where: E165B
- Overview: Interested in flipping your classroom? Wondering what it is and how it can be done? Join me for a 30 minute session where we will explore three ways to flip your classroom with tools available right here at C.D. Hylton. We will also discuss how this form of blended learning can be used to give you more time with students.
Work SMARTer Series: SMART Video Recorder
- When: January 14th (After School)
- Where: E165B
- Overview: At this training, we will be exploring the uses and potential benefits of the SMART video recorder for SOL review, annotating word problems, recording lectures, and so much more! For those of you interested in "flipping" the classroom, join Lesley Johnson to learn about this great tool and hear how it's impacted her students' learning.
Work SMARTer Series
Want to get started with the basics?
Check out this "flipped" session on the basics of SMART Notebook.
Want to learn more?
Click here for an informational flyer, including information on recertification hours and training dates/times (login with Novell User ID & Password).
Google Apps Update
Getting students logged in is a very time consuming process because of the size of our student body. As a result, you are encouraged to use Google Apps with your students! The more students log-in to their accounts and utilize them, the less likely they will be to forget their passwords!
- Encourage them to use Google Presentation to prepare group presentations.
- Encourage them to use Google Drive to maintain their personal files for school (papers, current event assignments, etc.).
- Encourage them to share work with you via Google Drive.
If you would like your students to start using Google Apps, please let me know!
~ What's New ~
"Flipped" Professional Development
- Check it out and be sure to make recommendations for future flipped training opportunities.
- If you are interested in receiving weekly updates, please e-mail me and I will add you to the distribution list.
Check out my December blog entires here.