Born In 1377 In Florence Italy. By Jacob Watson
Life Of Brunelleschi
- Brunelleschi was born in 1377 in Florence Italy.
- He spent most of his life in Florence Italy.
- He trained in ancient roman architecture and was a gold smith.
- Brunelleschi's lifestyle was painting picture with warm colors for people in Florence and bringing ancient roman architecture to the buildings in Florence.
- Brunelleschi created ancient roman architecture a paintings with warm colors like his drawing of the Piazza San Giovanni, also the Dome over the Florence Cathedral
- Brunelleschi's patrons were the Florence city council and the Medici bank who funded his work on the dome over the Florence city cathedral.
Brunelleschi's Work in Florence Italy
- The Florence Cathedral, Exterior Dome
- It was completed in 1436
- You can see it in Florence Italy
- This was a new advancement in Florence's architecture
- I found this piece interesting because it was one of the most famous things in Florence Italy at the time.
- The Florence Cathedral Dome is an example of humanism because Brunelleschi believed it could be built and did not let fate guide him.
The Florence Cathedral Dome, Exterior Dome, Filippo Brunelleschi, 1436. ARTSor Database. JPEG file.