Lincoln Crossing Colt Connection
December 9, 2018
Mrs. Hladun's Tidings
It's Winter Musical (and Book Fair!) Week!
We look forward to watching your students shine this week during their performance! Must know information:
*students should dress in their holiday best
*students should leave their jackets with their parent/guardian
*the book fair will be open in the library before, during and after the shows for your convenience
*students should arrive 15 minutes before show time and will be invited onto the stage to get organized, or they will sit on the labeled benches on either side of the MPR (see notes below)
*parking will be difficult, so please plan accordingly, but be respectful of our neighbor's driveways
- 6 pm show (arrive at 545 pm): Risucci, Cook, Stelma and Shelton's classes
- 7 pm show (arrive at 645 pm): Wetzsetin, Cassidy, Ochoa and Beatty's classes
- Stop by Panda Express for dinner - 20% comes back to LCES PTC (click for flier)
- 6 pm show (arrive at 545 pm): 5th grade and LCES Choir
- The Choir will perform first and will go directly to the stage
- While waiting to perform, Mrs. Wright's and Mrs. Hill's students will sit in height order on benches on STAR side; Mrs. Sliepen's students will sit in height order on benches on Food Service side
- 6 pm show (arrive at 545 pm): 3rd grade classes
- 7 pm show (arrive at 645 pm): 4th and 4/5 combo grade classes
- 4th grade note - Mr. Coleman's and Mrs. Whiteside's classes will perform first & will head to stage at 645 pm; Mrs. Williams' and Ms. Shye's classes will sit in height order on benches on STAR side while they wait to come to the stage
This year, our LCES Leadership Ambassadors will be selling water at the door for your family to enjoy. All proceeds will benefit our Student Ambassador program.
Students can visit the book fair:
- during their scheduled library time.
- during morning recess
- after school until about 3 pm
- before/after the evening winter performances on 12/11, 12/12 and 12/13
We need lots of help to make it a success. Sign up to volunteer here!
Lane Closures in Lincoln Crossing Area
davisREED Construction will be installing a new fire line across Ferrari Ranch Rd. for the Lincoln Crossing Expansion Project. Starting Tuesday, Dec. 11th one lane will be closing between 7am and 4pm. (All lanes will be open after 4pm)
Please plan accordingly!
Reminder - Upcoming Non School/Change of Release Days
Mon., 12/17-Thurs., 12/20 - Early Release Days
- AM TK/K attends from 8-11:20 am; PM K attends from 10:20-1:40 pm
- grades 1-5 attend from 8:15 am -1:40 pm (a typical Monday schedule all week; lunch will be served)
Fri., 12/21-Sun., 1/6 - No School - Winter Break
Upcoming Events UPDATE!!!!
- now - Fri., 12/14: PTC Spirit Wear Sale
- Week of 12/10: PTC Book Fair - see details above
- Mon., 12/10: Early Release Day
- Mon., 12/10, 1-1:40 pm: Leadership Ambassador Council Meeting
- Mon., 12/10, 1:45-2:40 pm: LCES Choir Rehearsal
- Tues., 12/11, lunchtime: Leadership Ambassador Action Team Meetings (Beautification & Kindness)
- Tues-Thurs, after school: Math Tutoring for invited 2, 4, and 5th graders
- Tues., 12/11, 5-8 pm: PTC Dine Out at Panda Express (get flier on calendar)
- Tues., 12/11, 6 & 7 pm: Grade 1 and 2 Winter Musical (see details above)
- Wed., 12/12, lunchtime: Leadership Ambassador Action Team Meetings (Cares)
- Wed., 12/12, 2:45 pm: Leadership Ambassador Action Team Meetings (Pride)
- Wed., 12/12, 6 pm: Grade 5 & Choir Winter Musical (see details above)
- Thurs., 12/13, 6 & 7 pm: Grade 3 and 4 Winter Musical (see details above)
- Fri., 12/14: Colt Spirit Day - wear Colt gear or school colors!
- Mon., 12/17: Early Release Day
- Mon., 12/17, 1-1:40 pm: Leadership Ambassador Council Meeting
- Mon., 12/17, 1:45-2:40 pm: LCES Choir Rehearsal
- Tues., 12/18: Early Release Day
- Tues., 12/18, lunchtime: Leadership Ambassador Action Team Meetings (Beautification & Kindness)
- Wed., 12/19: Early Release Day
- Wed., 12/19, lunchtime: Leadership Ambassador Action Team Meetings (Cares)
- Thurs., 12/20: Early Release Day
- Fri., 12/21-Sun., 1/7: Winter Break - Happy Holidays and Happy 2019!
- Mon., 1/8: Early Release Day
*all Leadership, Musical Theater, and Choir program details are on Mrs. Adam's website or click the link below.
Visit our website for the most updated schedules for our Leadership Ambassador Program, including the greeter schedule!
Click for more information about school meal pricing and breakfast and lunch menus. You can also access My School Bucks to add to your child's lunch balance and submit an online application for free/reduced meals.
Click to view a map that identifies appropriate drop off/pick up areas and parking areas. It is much less congested between between 7:50-8:00 am and again between 2:50-3 pm. Supervision is provided at 7:55 am and until 3 pm (2 on ER days).
The district has approved and published 2 years of school calendars! Click for details!