JCUE Monday Memo
November 9, 2020
Dear Families and Community Members:
We have two full weeks of instruction before Thanksgiving Break, let's finish strong! After the break, students will have one full week of instruction before the 2nd Encase Benchmark Assessments begin. Your support is still needed to ensure that all scholars are successful in their studies! You can help us by doing the following-
- Add your child's district gmail account to your mobile device. This will allow you to monitor their incoming and outgoing messages.
- Students must log in for live zoom sessions. Completing work in Canvas for ELA, Math, Science, or Social Studies without logging into the Zoom session will result in an Absent mark for school.
- Download the Canvas parent app to your mobile device. This will allow you to become an observer of your child's assignments and grades.
- Check your Active Parent Account. Important messages are posted for your viewing.
- Update your contact number and mailing address if it has changed since registration so that we can contact you as needed.
- Encourage your child to attend the Social Emotional Learning session every Friday with Counselor Carter so their voices are heard!
- If your child is struggling with academics, register your child for the 21st Century Afterschool program. Contact Dr. Marilyn Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are scheduled to take Fall photos with Lifetouch prior to the Thanksgiving break. The final date will be released soon and all payments must be made online.
Thank you parents for all you do for the scholars of Jefferson County Upper Elementary!
Attendance for the Week of November 2, 2020
Student Goal: 95%+Student Attendance: 89%
Teacher Goal: 95%+
Teacher Attendance: 94%
Thursday, Nov. 12th, 12pm
This is an online event.
November Teacher of the Month
Ms. Virginia Harris
November Student of the Month
Helpful Information/Tips for Parents
- Excuses for missed days should be emailed to the school secretary within three days of the absence by the parent or guardian.
- A maximum of two (2) days for illness/injury per nine weeks can be recognized as excused when a note has been signed by a parent/guardian. A student absent in excess of two (2) days per nine weeks must provide school officials with a written explanation from a health provider. These medical notes must be submitted within three (3) days following the student’s return to school.
- Any technical issues with scholars logging into class which may cause a day of missed instruction should be emailed to the teacher and school secretary by the parent or guardian.
- When students miss instruction due to internet connectivity, they must complete and submit the assignment in the instructional packet by Monday of the following week to remove the absent mark. Instructional packets are posted in Canvas weekly and available on the district website. A printed copy can be requested by calling the school office.
- Teacher meeting IDS, passwords, and links are the same (no changes). Call the front office or email the school secretary if you need the information again.
- Students should log in or attend all required classes daily for the entire period.
Student District Email
The students' district email accounts are Google (Gmail) accounts. Parents you are encouraged to add your child's account to your personal device to keep up with all information between the student and school.
Jefferson County Upper Elementary School communicates with parents and students through the following means-
- Parent Phone Calls
- Student District Email
- Monday Memo
- Facebook Page- Jefferson County Upper Elementary
- Active Parent Messages
- School Website- www.jcpsd.net/upperelementary
The Upper Elementary team is here for support and you are encouraged to contact us for assistance as we work together this school year.
Teamwork, Collaboration, and Success
Jefferson County Upper Elementary School
Ms. Ophelia Rowan, Secretary | Ext. 301 | email@example.com
Mrs. Gretchen Carter, Counselor | Ext. 302 | firstname.lastname@example.org