Building Our Future-Ready Skills
Technological opportunities to help you grow! @MVeLearn
January 23, 2019
Staci Reese, Robots, and Linear Functions.....Oh My!
De'Shea Kueber's Math with Minecraft
Vicki Davis Resources
5 Things You Might Want to Do in February
- Virtual Valentines - stay tuned for an upcoming 10-Minute Teacher Episode on this one. It teaches geographic awareness and cultural literacy. Micah Brown explained how this works in 2017 if you want to hear how a real teacher did this project.
- Random Acts of Kindness Day Feb 17, 2019 - plan your own ideas or use the RAK (Random ACt of Kindness Foundation) ideas. They also have a free cool calendar you can download that is pretty inspiring. Here is a post of 50 Random Acts of Kindness ideas. You can let kids choose from the list!
- The 2019 Traveling Mural Project - this project is over, but if you want to sign up to join Shannon McLintock Miller and her friends to collaborate, this is great to do.
- The Jason Project - students or teachers can sign up to apply to be a “Jason Argonaut” for some pretty incredible trips around the world to learn and explore.
- You could use the Kindness Reminders that I’ve created. Use the code “newsletter” and get half off if you want these.
Digital Learning Day is Feb. 28, 2019
Thursday's Chat, Chapter 4! Join Julie and De'Shea (Moderators)
Semester II - Twitter Book Chat
Beginning in January, we will be hosting another Twitter Book Chat where you will have the opportunity to earn PD points for participation, learn more about building a culture of innovation, collaborate with MSDMV peers, and chat with, author of Pure Genius, Don Wettrick and his daughter, Ava Wettrick!
Each chat (#MVeLearn) will be on Thursday night (7:00pm) for an hour before the #INeLearn (IDOE state) chat (8:00pm). Some of us will be in the SHARP Lab!
Jan. 24 - Chapter 4 - Six Building Blocks of Innovative Learning
Jan 31 - Chapter 5 and 6 - Social Media and Teachers / Social Media and Students
Feb. 7 - Chapter 7 - Getting Started with Social Media
Feb. 14 - Chapter 8 - Opportunities are Everywhere
Feb. 21 - Chapter 9 - Student Voices (Special Guest Ava Wettrick)
Feb. 28 - Chapter 10 - Moving Forward