Canada 2060 Assignment
What will Canada look like in 2060?
This is the assignment and an example? Whaaaaat?
Here are the assignment requirements!
In your Smore you must:
- Briefly outline the current Immigration, Demographic, and First Nations situation in Canada. What do the indicators tell us about each of these areas?
- Predict what the birth, death, and natural increase rate (and other demographic indicators) will be in 2060.
- Predict how immigration will change by 2060 using: country of origin, immigration rate, push and pull factors, and province of settlement.
- Predict the future of First Nations communities in Canada.
You must support all of these predictions with a combination of your newfound demographic expertise and some quality research.
How are you going to do all of this?
Remember, we are far more impressed with a student who applies their own thinking than one who tries to use the work of someone else as their own.
Divide your Smore into three distinct subtopics - Immigration, Demography, and First Nations. For each section be sure to provide a clear outline of the CURRENT situation AND your FUTURE predictions for each of these areas.
You must make at least ONE prediction for EACH of these subtopics. Make sure you reference any information that is not your own. It's okay to do that. If you are unsure of how to reference properly ask your teacher.
Don't overdo the text. Use subheadings, bullet points, and short passages to keep your Smore looking neat and easy to read.
Chinese immigrants building the railroad.
Is this the new face of Canadian immigration?
Babies in a Vancouver hospital.
Is Canada's birth rate on the rise?
Make sure that:
- the visuals help support your point
- you fully explain why they support your point, and
- they come from a reputable source
I could use the Population Pyramid below to explain the impact of the "baby boomers" on Canada's demography in the year 2060.
You MUST include at least THREE visuals to help support your point. Choose wisely!
But remember - don't just show us a video. Explain how it supports your point of view.
Check out the example below!
How will my life being different in the year 2060 (when you are 60 years old!) than the life my parents currently have in Canada?
Your audio clip can't be longer than 3 minutes - so rehearse your answer before you record! Once you have recorded your answer, embed the audio in your Smore. Check out the example below!