Sesame Street in Communities
Virtual Learning Session by WXXI Education
Session Focus: Sesame Street in Communities (SSIC) resources and tools
- Hundreds of bilingual multi-media tools to help kids and families enrich and expand their knowledge during the early years of birth through six, a critical window for brain development.
- Resources to engage kids and adults in everyday moments and daily routines—from teaching early math and literacy concepts, to encouraging families to eat nutritious foods, to serious topics such as divorce and food insecurity.
SSIC Toolkit & Topic Area Focus
Every day, you make a difference by helping kids and families grow smarter, stronger, and kinder. Organizations like yours unite communities, foster families’ and kids’ resilience, nurture their physical and mental health, and provide critical early learning opportunities. You’re an important part of the “circle of care” that surrounds the families and kids who need it most. Sesame Street in Communities was created to support you in this critical work.
Toolkits/topics are divided into three categories:
- Difficult Times & Tough Talks (focus: social-emotional skills)
- Healthy Bodies, Healthy Minds (focus: health and wellness)
- ABCs & 123s (focus: school readiness)