The Monday Message
We miss you! Stay Strong and Healthy, Bobcats!
It's Earth Week and Administrative Professionals Day!
I am SO proud of YOU!
Learning from home on your computers and iPads is not easy, and I want you to know how proud I am of all that you and your family are doing to get comfortable with your new computer classroom and lessons!
It is Earth Week and Wednesday is Earth Day! Wednesday is also Administrative Professional's Day! Please watch the first video attached to this Monday Message to get information about both of those activities and to find out what Administrative Professional's Day is!
Please also be sure to watch the second video! I wrote you a song that I read as a poem/rap to let you how much I miss you and how AMAZING you are!
Stay strong and healthy, Bobcats!
Monday Message Video for the Week of April 20, 2020
Ode to Bobcats! From Ms. B. with love to EVERY Student at Briones!
From the Briones Green Team
Happy Earth Week!
Our saying of the week - Earth Day is Every Day
"Instead of looking for hope, look for action. Hope is everywhere." Greta Thunberg (Swedish child who started the global student climate movement in 2018)
This Wed April 22, 2020 is the 50th Anniversary of the 1st Earth Day on April 22, 1970
- Fun Fact, why was Earth Day created in 1970? - Why not in 1960 or 1980?
- Because in 1969, humans got to see Earth as a planet for the first time, when Apollo 11 landed on the moon.
- We realized we are a planet, we are in this together -- we only have one Earth, and we need to save it!
- In 1970 we had our first Earth Day. The first flag of Earth Day was the photo of our planet taken by the crew of Apollo 11 (see below)
- In 1970 the EPA (Environmental Protection Act) was enacted, leaded gas was banned, along with many other environmental protections.
- The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Agency was founded with a new mission to look at climate on earth as a whole, not just country by country!
- We only have one Earth, and we are all in this together. We are all connected
Green Team Earth Day Challenge:
- Kids have the best ideas, let's think of solutions!
- Send a letter, or a video, to your trusted adults with all your ideas on how we can reduce C02 from the Earth, and stop Climate Change! Spread the word!
- Can we do any part of your idea at our school or our town? Submit and we will share with our school community and City of Palo Alto!
Happy Earth Day!
Briones Green Team