Blair Oaks High School - December 14, 2018
Reminder: Early Release, Friday, December 21st, 12:30 p.m.
Football Meeting, Tuesday, Dec. 18th
Blair Oaks Falcon Football is excited about the 2019 season and would like to invite any 8th- 9th- 10th or 11th grade young man to a meeting on Tuesday, December 18th at 7:40am in the High School Weight room for a brief football meeting. We will discuss off-season procedures, such as weight room days and hours. We welcome any and all and we can not wait to see you at the meeting!
Reward Day Permission Slip
As an incentive for doing their best during spring testing and semester exams, students will be rewarded with a movie day on Friday, December 21st. A field trip permission form was sent home with students this week. The form requires parent signature and should be returned to 1st period teachers by Friday, December 14th. This is a regular school day; any absences will be unexcused.
Staff Favorite Things!
Parents have asked what to get teachers and staff for Christmas gifts or just a treat during the year. We put together this list to give you a little help!
Blair Oaks Cheer Program Fundraiser
Shop the Hello Belle Boutique fashion truck
When: Saturday, December 15th, from 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Where: Blair Oaks High School, 1909 State Hwy B, Wardsville
A portion of the proceeds will be donated to the Blair Oaks Cheer Program.
The Hello Belle Boutique is Mid-Missouri’s first fully stocked “fashion truck” with clothes in sizes small to triple XL. The mission at Hello Belle is to provide the latest trendy boutique items at an affordable price, with all items being less than $40. Thank you for your support!
Choir Fundraising Night at Chili's
- When: Monday, December 17th
- Time: 10:45 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.
- Everyone is invited to eat at Chili's on Dec. 17th. When you present the following flyer, Chili's will donate a percentage of sales back to the Blair Oaks Vocal Music Program!
Coaches vs. Cancer Basketball Games
Fighting Cancer with Free Throws
Join the Falcon & Lady Falcon basketball teams in fighting cancer by participating in a free throw-a-thon to raise funds for the American Cancer Society.
- From 12/14 to 12/20, students sign-up sponsors.
- Students shoot 100 free throws and keep track of how many shots they make.
- Pledge sheets and donations due by Thursday, 12/20/18.
See Free Throw Pledge Sheet and Flyer for more info.
Dance Camp participants (students in grades K-8) will perform at half-time of the boys varsity game on Friday, January 11th, against Versailles. Anyone who would like to order a Dance Camp shirt may do so. See Dance Camp flyer link below for more information and the shirt order form. Shirt order deadline is 12/17/2018.
Logo: "I'm better when, I'm DANCING!"
Students of the Month
- December 15 - Select Choir performing at Capitol, 4:30 p.m.
- December 15 - Cheer Hello Belle Fundraiser, 3:00-5:00 p.m.
- December 17 - Choir Chili's Fundraiser, 10:45 a.m.-10:00 p.m.
- December 20 - Free Throw-A-Thon Deadline
- December 20 - Deadline for 2nd semester changes
- December 21 - Reward Day, movie field trip
- December 21 - Early Release, 12:30 p.m. - Winter Break Begins
- December 21 - Coaches vs. Cancer Basketball Night, 6:00 p.m.
- January 3 - School Resumes
- January 9 - Red Cross Blood Drive in High School Library
- January 9 - Select Choir UCM Choral Clinic
- January 21 - No School, Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- January 25 - Winterfest Assembly
- January 26 - Winterfest Dance
- January 28 - Select Choir PLC Conference
- January 31 - Jostens' Sophomore Ring Meeting