Week of October 10-14
Vision Statement: The faculty and staff at Glenview Elementary will create a school culture that cultivates academic growth and achievement.
How will we do this?
- by implementing viable PLCs where teachers share high-yield strategies and engage in professional development;
- by practicing research-based instructional strategies;
- by maintaining high expectations;
- by setting individualized SMART goals for each grade level/class; and
- by providing diversified instruction/curriculum to meet the academic, social, and emotional needs of our students, families, and community.
A Word from Dr. McGill
Welcome Back! It's hard to believe that we are starting another quarter of our school year and in less than a week report cards will be going home. I hope everyone enjoyed their fall break and that you are ready to pace yourself through the second quarter of fall semester.
I wanted to try out a different newsletter platform to see if it is something I can use to give you more news and information. I look forward to hearing your feedback.
As our students return from fall break, keep in mind that you will want to review all the PBIS expectations for each setting (especially the cafeteria). Also take time during morning meeting or while at recess to reconnect with each student and find out about their vacation. You never know what a child has been through or what adventures they have had while away from school.
Please take time to watch the following short video clip by Carol Dweck, author of Mindset: The New Psychology of Success and consider how the impact of supporting a growth mindset aligns with our motto "All In"...Every Child, Every Day...Creating a Culture of Quality Teaching and Learning! Consider how the message of a supporting a growth mindset can support our students to believing that they MATTER. Consider how the message of supporting a growth mindset will help our students take seriously and accept the call of being a GLENVIEW "SOARING" EAGLE.
Week of October 10-14, 2016
- Teacher planning day - No school for students
- Happy Birthday Hanna Dunham
- Please place lesson plans in our electronic one drive location
- Grade Level RTII/Data meetings in room 204 during planning time
- 2nd Quarter begins
- Happy Birthday Jenna Davis
- 4th grade to gym for Boy Scouts 1:00pm
- 1st grade to gym for Boy Scouts 1:15pm
- 2nd grade to gym for Boy Scouts 1:25pm
- 3rd grade to gym for Boy Scouts 1:40pm
- 1st grade goes to Walden Farms 9:30am-1:30pm
Morning Announcements/Late Dismissal Duty: Dunham - 3rd grade
Character Education words for the 2nd nine weeks: Fairness, Caring, Kindness
- Happy Birthday to all of our October born faculty members: N. Harris (3rd), T. Walters (7th), Dunham-1 (10th), J. Davis (11th), Naglaa L. (18th), Rafaela (24th), J. Marsh (24th), C. Carter (27th), D. Nix (28th), R. Jackson (28th), and Febi A. (29th)
- Have you heard the news: The Sunshine Committee had planned a faculty outing to Arrington Vineyards on Saturday, October 29th. More info will be coming from Sharon Wood. Also, it is not too late to turn in dues if you missed the previous deadline.
- For those looking for some activities to help improve student handwriting, please log on to my.zaner-bloser.com. The username, password, and ID are all: metronashville.
And the trophy goes to...
There is a group of people who work with us everyday and do things behind the scenes which help make day to day operations run smoothly. Help me give them a round of applause so they will know their efforts do not go unnoticed!
- Rosa Castillo
- Sandra Harris
- Martha Huffaker
- Noha Gerges
- Nermeen Ghattas
- Ronda Owens