Penguin Press News
The Week of December 31st
A MESSAGE FROM PRINCIPAL BAME
Dear Laurel Park Families,
Happy (almost) New Year! I hope that each of your families enjoyed the winter break and are looking forward to a wonderful 2019. This is a great week for children to reflect on their past year and set goals for the upcoming year. For tips on setting goals with your kids, see the following article from Parents Magazine:
Right before the break, our front office experienced an uptick in sick visits to the health room. We want to make sure we are protecting all students during the cold and flu season.
If your child is sick, please keep him or her at home. Children should be kept home from school if:
- They have a fever of 100.6 or higher. A student should be fever-free for 24 hours before returning to school.
- They have nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea. A student should be free of these symptoms for 12 hours before returning to school.
- They have severe headache.
- They have red, watery eyes with yellow drainage.
- They have an undiagnosed rash.
- 1/2/19 ~ Back to School (tracks 1, 2, 3)
- 1/9/19 ~ Open House for Rising K/ New Students @ 5:30 - 7:00 PM
- 1/11/19 ~ Report Cards home for tracks 1, 2, 3
- 1/17/19 ~ Join us at Salem Middle School for a PTA sponsored/ school supported viewing of the film: "Resilience: The Biology of Stress and Science of Hope". https://binged.it/2NE8oC0 (trailer) @ 6:30 PM. More information to come!
- 1/18/19 ~ Normal School Day
- 1/24/19 ~ STEAM Night
- 2/22/19 ~ Track change requests due back to administration
- Tissue boxes (front office)
- Hand sanitizer (front office)
- Snacks for students
Thank you for supporting Laurel Park Elementary School!
Raleigh G. Bame
New Speech Language Pathologist!
My name is Kristin DiSanto, and I am happy to be working as your child's new speech-language pathologist this year. This is my seventh year as a speech-language pathologist in the school system, and my fourth year with Wake County Public Schools. I moved down to Raleigh three years ago from Upstate New York, and I absolutely love the weather and getting outside! In the summer, I enjoy going to the beach and spending time with family and friends. I am excited to continue a fun, positive, and successful school year!
2019-2020 Kindergarten Registration is OPEN!
Registration for the 2019-2020 school year is open to all new families.
- Time for registration: 10:00 am-2:00 pm Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.
- Bring the following items with you to register: Certified Birth Certificate, Proof of Residence (Closing statement, lease agreement, gas, water, or electric bill), Parent Photo ID, Immunizations.
You can also click on the link below to complete all Kindergarten forms online!
STEAM NIGHT IS COMING SOON!
Our 4th STEAM Night is coming on January 24 from 5:30-7:30. Many engaging presenters are already set to attend but we are looking for some amazing Penguin Volunteers(Parents & Students) to help with 30 minute shifts for this fun learning filled event.
Click to sign up https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f044ca4af29a3fa7-steam