We Learn by Teaching...
"Never stop learning, because life never stops teaching"
Orange Table working on their Good Fit Book Links for their Friday "bookworm"
Yellow table is ALWAYS such a help with each other!
Red Table never fails to put a smile on my face!
I believe it is important that you are aware of how I choose to model my classroom management/ behavior by. It is something that affects your child and his/ her learning everday. I took a "Love & Logic" seminar and not only did it change my way of speaking and thinking with classroom management, but how I choose my words/ phrases differently with my parenting as well. Attached is a link that you can explore at your own leisure if you choose. Here is a little synopsis of Love & Logic:
Principles of Love & Logic
- To enhance student self-concept by nurturing behavioral competence & responsibility
- To encourage student control, thinking & making wise choices
- To hold students accountable for their choices & decision & hep them learn problem solving by using empathy & logical consequences
Basic Rules of Love & Logic
- Adults take care of themselves by setting limits that are enforceable in loving ways without anger or lecture
- Adults avoid anger, warnings, threats, ext
- Use Enforceable statements
- Children are offered choices
- Limits are maintained with compassion & understanding
Our smiley green table!
Shout out to our girls that have put their creative juices to work at recess...lately I have been greeted with many "green" bouquets. Love it!
"A Peek at this Week"----I'm late on this newsletter, sorry!
Essential Question: What do pets need to be healthy and happy?
Phonics: Long a and Long i sounds
Grammar: Types of Sentences
Writing: Narrative Writing....concentrating on sentences that describe (big push in our work on writing station with journal writing!)
Target Skill: Author's Purpose
Number of the Day: Starting this routine working with place value of a different # daily
Introducing Counting strips (they had fun with this today!)
Exploring Nickels, Dimes, and Quarters
~Crazy Hair Day
Tuesday (Day 4): Art
Wednesday (Day1): Music/ PE
Thursday (Day 2): Library/ Friends
~Dress as Your Favorite Role Model Day!
Friday (Day 3): Music/ PE
~Great Green Run & Roll