To know God and to make Him known
- Stacy Lewis will be leading community day as the director for Week 18.
- REGISTRATION FOR CURRENT FAMILIES IS OPEN! Secure your families spot in our Stephenville CC community by providing Alisa with your completed "NEW" family registration forms and non-refundable registration fees. Turn in to Alisa on community day or mail to: Alisa LaRue 2105 West Overhill Drive, Stephenville, TX 76401. Checks will be cashed within in 48 hours of receiving and a receipt will be emailed.
- Continue to pray for next year's director and tutors -The Lord has plans for our community and I ask you to join me in prayer for those who will step out in faith to lead our community for the 2016-2017 school year.
Each student needs a separate Student info form but the rest of the packet is filled out once per family. Questions? Ask Alisa.
Weekly Digging Deeper @ Home
Check out the link for some additional info and projects about Michelangelo. Don't forget in your searches he is famous for his sculpture of David and use your discretion when sharing with your kids.
I Googled "natural rock bridges" to explore amazing photography of some of our nation and world's most amazing creations, art by the hands of God!
Tutor & Teacher Talk
- 30 plaster frescoes completed! I have no idea what when on upstairs today during new grammar, science or review! Please share your favorite ideas or links with the group!
- Painting on the Ceiling - try taping paper to the bottom of a table or desk and have your kids draw or paint on their back! Wow we'll all have a new appreciation for the work that went into the Sistine Chapel!
Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another. Proverbs 27:17
Helpful Hints All Year Long
Your tutor might have mentioned "blob mapping" or might mention it in coming weeks. Here is a quick blog about what that means. We spend about 5-10 minutes a day outside of CC "drawing maps." This year my girls and I will start with Blob Mapping.
So you have a CC Connected membership but now what? A fellow CC mom has created this blog that takes you step by step with pictures through how to download songs and files to be used at home. Contact me with additional questions.
Save the Date
Information Meeting Rescheduled
Thursday, Feb. 18th, 9-11am
Stephenville, TX, United States
This information meeting has to be canceled for a unseen conflict in my own schedule. The next date will be Feb 16th from 9:30-11:30 am..
Spread the word. Invite friends. Bring a friend. RSVP to Alisa at 254-595-0813 for location. Need a different time or date? Contact Alisa.
Kimbell Art Museum Visit
Thursday, Feb. 25th, 1pm
3333 Camp Bowie Boulevard
Fort Worth, TX
Log Cabin Village
Wednesday, March 2nd, 9:30-11am
2100 Log Cabin Village Lane
Fort Worth, TX
Classical Conversations of Stephenville
Local Classical Conversations Leadership Team
Alisa LaRue 254-595-0813
Support Representative (SR formally called SM)
Kelli Smith 817-599-3998
Area Representative (AR formally called AM)
Dana Giring 806-928-2165