Education & Community Involvement
"It Takes A Village To Raise A Child"
The results are endless with collaboration from every partner.
Make A Difference
Educators are given the task of making a difference today that will be evident tomorrow.
All The Pieces Work Together
Every contribution is important.
Why Is Parent & Community Involvement Important?
It should be a team effort to ensure that every student is learning. When the community is involved ,the educational institution is maximizing all of its resources. Relationships between families, community,and school promotes healthy behaviors and families.
Research shows that students whose parents are involved in their education are more likely to:
- Adapt well to school
- Attend school more regularly
- Complete homework more consistently
- Earn higher grades and test scores
- Graduate and go on to college
- Have better social skills
- Show improved behavior
- Have better relationships with their parents
- Have higher self-esteem
Research also shows that promoting community activities to the classroom
- Improves school-related behaviors
- Positively impacts academic achievement
- Reduces school suspension rates
Effective Methods of Practice For Schools
- Create a welcoming school climate.
- Provide families information related to child development and creating supportive learning environments.
- Establish effective school-to-home and home-to-school communication
- Strengthen families’ knowledge and skills to support and extend their children’s learning at home and in the community.
- Engage families in school planning, leadership and meaningful volunteer opportunities.
- Connect students and families to community resources that strengthen and support students’ learning and well-being
Getting Involved In Yours Child's Education
- Join the PTA
- Volunteer in the classroom
- Attend family workshops
- Make repeated contact with the teacher
- Be visible
- Show an interest
- Teach your children the importance of an education
- Make sure your child is on time and attending regularly