Serrano Eagles Bulletin
Parent Bulletin - February 8, 2016
A few highlights from a great week:
- VP Rotary Meeting with Rotarians participating in a Serrano STEM Challenge
- A Parent Education Night on Cybersafety - the presenter consistently reminded parents that, "You are doing a good job raising your kids and the best way to ensure digital citizenship is to have meaningful conversations."
- A story in a second grade class and a discussion of personification
As we approach a short four day week, we anticipate an exciting week. We will close the week with our class Valentine's Day parties and celebrate how fortunate we are to have each other and the Serrano community.
Soaring Moments of the Week
After-School STEM Program - Robots programmed to play Twinkle, Twinkle...
Kinder Celebrates their Teacher of the Year
VP Rotary Participates in a Serrano STEM Challenge
Stay Connected with Serrano
TWEET like an Eagle!
Follow Us on Twitter: @SerranoOUSD (name - Serrano Elementary)
** Tweet your Eagle Pictures to @SerranoEagles and it will show up on our website
What's Coming Up in Week TWENTY-ONE
- Water Assembly 1st & 2nd Grade in Library
- SLAB after school - Room 24
- Ice Cream Sales TODAY - not Friday
- Foundation Meeting - 7p in Lounge
- 4th-6th GATE Testing
- Kinders walk to VP Post Office
- Modified Wednesday
- 6th Grade Parent CV Meeting @ CV from 7p-8p
- Valentine's Day Parties
- Wear your Valentine's Colors to show your Eagle Spirit
- Mrs. Vigneault's Birthday
- NO SCHOOL - PRESIDENT'S WEEKEND
- NO SCHOOL MONDAY EITHER!
SEE YOU TUESDAY - FEBRUARY 16th!
A message from your PFO
- Class Valentine's Day Parties will be Thursday, February 11th - please coordinate with your teacher the type of party they envision
- Our PFO Meeting has been rescheduled from Thursday, February 11th to Thursday, February 25th - looking forward to seeing you there!
- Continue saving your boxtops - our next collection will be in late Spring