Cotton Gin Cart Demonstration
Pictures of the Cotton Gin
This picture is labeling the parts of the Cotton Gin.
This picture is showing who invented the Cotton Gin.
This picture is showing the cotton seeds which the cotton gin picks out of the cotton.
Buy Your Cotton Gin now!
History Of the Cotton Gin
The Cotton Gin was invented in the United States in 1793 by Eli Whitney. Whitney applied for a patent on October 28 1793 the patent was granted on March the 14, 1794 but was not validated until 1807. The Cotton Gin pulled the seeds from the the cotton.
Eli Whitney was an American inventor best known for inventing the cotton gin. This was one of the key inventions of the Industrial Revolution and shaped the economy of the Antebellum South.
- Born: December 8, 1765 Westborough, MA
- Died: January 8, 1825 New Haven, CT
- Nationality: American
- Buried: Grove Street Cemetery, New Haven, CT
- Education: Yale College (1789-1792), Leicester Academy
- Children: Eli Whitney Jr.