The Bulldog Buzz!
Week of September 19, 2016
What will your learn about the world by sharing your story?
DIBELS/Fall Testing DUE
Friday, Sep. 23rd, 2:30pm
CAST Meetings: Fall Follow-ups
Friday, Sep. 23rd, 8:30-10:30am
Small Conference Room
The Curriculum Corner: CR-RTI...Time to Reflect
Our Gr1 authors are already busy at work! #OurStory
Words to Inspire
Working with fractions in Gr3 is a time to get up and move!
News & Notes
- Thank you for your flexibility this week as we adjusted our PM routines. We will be continuing with the procedures that have been established: buses will be called first followed by walker, wrap-around care.
- An updated F&P/Lucy Calkins spreadsheet is attached to this week's email. Please utilize this form for our September data. If you have any questions, just let me know!
- For those of you that are "tweeting" - Don't forget to use the 1st trimester hashtag! #OurStory
- To the 3rd Grade Team: We will be administering our grade-level benchmark assessments at the end of the month...stay tuned for details!
- The form to post standards/objects for QSAC along with directions are attached to this week's email. Please remember to post this form and keep them updated.
If you are interested in joining the Bullock Green Team (formerly Bullock Garden Team), please email Sonya. We have several new committees forming, as we work towards Sustainable Jersey Schools Certification.
If anyone is interested in attending the MakerFaire in NYC on Oct. 1st, please email Sonya. If you’re not familiar with MakerFaire, Google it. We’re introducing some aspects here at Bullock this year.
If anyone is interested in a Yarn-Bombing event in November, please email Sonya. The borough is going to participate, and we have been asked to participate.
You're the Best...Quotes from the Staff!
- Shout out to third grade team for supporting one another and making it fun!!!!
- Thank you Deneen, Ronnie & Cindy for all you do each and every day. It is much appreciated!
- Dory thanks for the laughs!!
- Thanks to all the first grade teachers for taking care of me! ~Melanie
- Thank you Marikay for your help with benchmarking my new students! You are the BEST!
- Thanks for the Hallway Hugs Puddie!
- Thanks, Marcy, for helping me adjust.
- Thank you to all of the second grade team for helping me with my first 2nd grade back to school night!! Whether it was giving me advice or giving me hand-outs/activities to use! I appreciate it!!
- Thanks Sandy for sharing your writing with me!!
- Thank you Sandy and Kelly for going over Fundations with me!!
- Thank you to all the third grade teachers for the help and support and to Mrs. Castro for helping me and sharing her supplies and looking out for me.
Family/Community Events are in bold.
- 09/06 - District Inservice
- 09/07 - Building Inservice
- 09/08 - 1st Day of School (early dismissal)
- 09/12 - Bulldog Buddy Roleplays (9/12-9/16)
- 09/14 - Back to School Night (6:00 PM)
- 09/15 - Faculty Meeting
- 09/16 - CAST Meetings (Fall Follow-ups)
- 09/19 - PTO Meeting (6:30 PM; Bullock Library)
- 09/23 - CAST Meetings (Fall Follow-ups) & Fall Data DUE