Drunk Driving Prevention
Frinds Don't Let Friends Drive Drunk | Drunk Driving Prevention | Ad Council
About the Campaign
- Launched in 1983.
- 68% of Americans report that they have tried to stop someone from driving drunk because of the campaign.
- On average in the U.S. someone is killed by a drunk driver every 40 minutes.
- The amount of drunk driving deaths has decreased by 30% since 1994.
- 16-24 year olds accounted for 42% of all fatal drunk driving accidents.
- In 1983, 50% of all fatal accidents were alcohol related.