Hillside News Brief
September 3, 2021
Important Dates for You
Monday, September 6: Labor Day (No School)
Friday, September 10: Tiger of the Month Assemblies (K-3 in the cafeteria; 4-6 in the North Gym); all parent/guardian attendees must check in at the office and wear a mask! Thank you.
Friday, September 24: Spirit Day at Hillside! Get into the spirit by wearing some spiritwear OR blue/orange!
Thursday, September 30: One School, One Book Family Activity Night
One School, One Book Morning Reading
Due to time constraints in the morning and the limitations of the size of our library, we are going to provide audio recordings of the reading selections only; there will be no live read aloud at this time for our novel (One School, One Book).
The recordings will be available on the One School, One Book app located on student ipads. They can check for any recordings of sections they may have missed.
Free and Reduced Lunch Applications
This year, the federal government will continue to subsidize free breakfast and lunch for all students. While the meals are free, extra helpings and water bottles are not free. Also, there is a charge for milk if a student is buying that to go with a lunch brought from home.
If you think you might qualify, please complete an application for meal assistance (see below links).
Students who qualify for free or reduced meals may also qualify to receive discounted fees for other district expenses such as bussing or activities. All children in the district benefit in areas beyond the lunch program when qualified applications exceed a certain percentage of the district’s enrollment.
While we welcome all students at our Westside High Football Games, we want to ensure families and students know the rules, to ensure the safety of all involved.
- All elementary students attending the game will need to attend the game with a parent and sit with a parent.
- No footballs or other balls allowed in the stadium.
- Middle school students will sit in the bleachers in the SE corner of the end zone. Middle school students will buy a ticket at main gate and enter from the student game. We are asking middle school students to show ID at the game.
- Middle school students will use the upper concession stand and portable restrooms in the South east corner of the stadium.
Students who do not follow these rules will be asked to leave. Thank you for your help to make sure our game atmosphere is positive for all who attend!
Safety During Arrival and Dismissal
- Consider putting your child seat on the curb side of your back seat; this helps kiddos to enter and exit the car quickly. If you are able to teach your child to buckle up, even better!
- Please do NOT walk through traffic in our circle drive during arrival or dismissal; cars are fast and furious during these times, and we have a sidewalk available for you and for students to walk around
Thank you for helping us to keep everyone safe at arrival and dismissal.
TAGG at Hillside: Together a Greater Good
Homecoming Parade Information
It is time to start planning for homecoming! This year the parade will take place on Wednesday October 6th at 6:30. Westside High School would like to have as many groups as possible participating. They encourage any school club, sports team, or community group to participate.
If you have a group that would like to participate in the parade please fill out the form below. You can have a float or you can walk in the parade.
Link to form: https://forms.gle/BarRJK1cGciEZuw7A
If you have questions, please contact Mrs. Bailey or Mrs. McGuire, and they will find answers for you!