April 23rd - 27th
Tuesday, May 1st
- First day to order school supplies from Edukit
Wednesday, May 2nd
- 4th to 5th grade transition Q&A session, Highcrest Auditorium, 7 pm
Monday, May 7th
- Spring assessment window (through 5/25)
Wednesday, May 9th
- PTO Meeting, Cafeteria, 8:45 am
- PTO Luncheon, 11:30 am - 12:30 pm
Thursday, May 10th
- Spring Chorus Concert, 6:30-7:30 pm
Assistant Principal Ryan's Note
The monthly Board of Education meeting is Monday, April 23rd at 7:00 PM at the MEC. Below are a couple of topics that may be of interest. If you can’t make the meeting, you can view it live or later, either on the District website or on Channel 6. Highlights of the meeting will be emailed and posted online within a day or two.
- Student Recognition
- HMS Assistant Principal announcement
- Grades 5-8 Related Arts Course Progression
- Kindergarten Enrichment
- After School Programming at HMS/WJHS
- Only a few spots left to be on the Harper PTO and have a chance to give back to the kids! We are looking for Jr. Great Books (1 spot), Year Book Editors (2-3 spots) and... the Hoedown can't go on unless we get 1 more Co-Chair and 2 more Assistants. Be a part of the PTO!! It's great! Interested? Please contact Arielle Heneghan at email@example.com.
- School Kit Ordering starts Tuesday, May 1st. Don't spend your summer running around trying to find school supplies at the last minute - pre-order your child's kit and the supplies will be waiting for him/her on the first day of school! New for 2018/2019…all District 39 schools will use a new vendor, Edukit, for school supplies. Ordering runs from May 1st – May 18th. A portion of the sales from each school kit will be donated to the Harper PTO. Stay tuned for ordering information. Questions? Contact Sara O'Hare at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Will your child receive his/her yearbook in June? It's not too late to order...click here.
- Just 5 spots left for this Friday’s PTO Movie Night featuring Ferdinand. Don’t miss out on this fun event and sign your child up here or below the Announcements section.
- Show your Harper spirit! Every Friday is Spirit Day (unless otherwise noted) so please encourage your children to come to school wearing their Harper gear. Go Harper Dolphins!
- Attention all 4th grade parents! Please join us on Wednesday, May 2nd at 7pm in the HMS auditorium for a 4th to 5th grade transition question and answer session. The panel is made up of current HMS parents along with HMS Administration. All are welcome and encouraged to attend.
- Attention former students of Miss Kathy Hofschield (and parents of students). Kathy is retiring at the end of this year. She has been teaching Kindergarten & 1st grade in D39 since 1991. Please consider writing a letter wishing her well with your memories of her and how she has impacted your life. Email letters to email@example.com, or drop off at the Harper School front desk by May 15th.
- Want to advertise your business in the Harper School Paper Directory next year? Check out the info below and contact Janelle Quick (at the bottom) to place your ad.
Back by popular demand...
Harper PTO Movie Night presents:
All Harper Students (K-4) are invited to come enjoy this classic tale about a gentle bull.
It going to be a TON of fun!
Join us in the auditorium:
Friday, April 27, 2017
6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Little Ceasar’s Cheese/Pepperoni Pizza, Lemonade and Water will be served in the cafeteria
Sign up here by Friday, April 20th
$15 for the first child, $10 for the second, and $5 for the third.
All children must be walked into Harper for check in and picked up by an adult for check out. NO DROP OFFS.
We request that cell phones and other devices be left at home. Thanks!
Parents who volunteer at Movie Night can bring one child for FREE! Sign up here
Upcoming dates in April:
- 26th--SWANCC visits Kindergarten
- 27th--Griffin’s Tale theater group performance, Morning K-4
- On Thursday April 26th, Kindergarteners will have the "Taking Care of Our Earth" presentation. The Solid Waste Agency of of Northern Cook County (SWANCC) will give the presentation.. Concepts include the environmental R's - Reduce - Reuse - Recycle - Respect and Responsibility. Many visual aids are used to highlight each concept.
- We are excited to welcome Griffin's Tale Children's Repertory Theatre Company to Harper this year! Comprised of about 25 Northwestern undergrads, the company is turning stories written by our very own Harper students into songs, dances, scenes, raps and games. We can't wait to see our writing on stage!
- 5/1--American Eagle Productions presents James and the Giant Peach to 2nd Grade
- 5/8--Historical Perspective's Ben Franklin visits 3rd Grade
- 5/10--Author Amy Fellner Dominy visits afternoon Kindergarten, 1st Grade and 2nd Grade.
- 5/11--Kindergarten Mother's Day Yoga program
- 5/29--Sky Dome program for 3rd Grade
- 6/6--2nd Grade visits Adler Planetarium
Thanks for your contributions to iGNITE!
Family Action Network (FAN)
- Tuesday, April 24th- Dan Pink #1: "When: The Science of Perfect Timing" 4PM Loyola University Chicago School of Law 25 E. Pearson St., Chicago, IL 60611 RSVP @ www.familyactionnetwork.net #2: "When: The Science of Perfect Timing" 7PM Glen bard South High School Auditorium 23W200 Butterfield Rd., Glen Ellyn, IL 60137
- Wednesday, April 25th- Dan Pink #3: Grand Rounds Presentation - FREE CEUs for clinicians! "Drive: What Motivates Us" 9:00-10:30 AM New Trier High School, Northfield Campus, Cornog Auditorium 7 Happ Rd., Northfield Register for CEUs @ www.familyactionnetwork.net #4: "When: The Science of Perfect Timing", 7PM North Shore Country Day School Auditorium 310 Green Bay Rd., Winnetka RSVP @ www.familyactionnetwork.net
- Monday, April 30th- Rachel Simmons "Enough As She Is: How to Help Girls Move Beyond Impossible Standards of Success to Live Healthy, Happy and Fulfilling Lives" Mon, April 30, 7PM Regina Dominican High School Auditorium 701 Locust Rd, Wilmette.
Link to Community News:
Centennial Classic Pro-Am Charity Tennis Tournament at Wilmette Tennis Club May 5th at 7:00 pm. Register as a player or viewer. All proceeds benefit the Wilmette Park District Scholarship Fund.
Wilmette Historical Museum & Wilmette Police Department host open houses on Sunday, May 6th at 11:00 am - 2:00 pm.
FREE Adult English Language Classes will be offered at Highcrest Middle School for 5 weeks; April 5-May 3rd.
Wilmette Junior Trevians are hosting a week long cheer camp for all 2018-2019 5th-8th grade boys & girls July 16-20.
Wilmette Public Library’s "One Book, Everybody Reads" featuring Amor Towles discussing his best-selling novel A Gentleman in Moscow at WJHS Auditorium April 22nd at 3:00 pm
Illinois Baseball Academy is registering boys & girls 3-6 years old. Register individually or as a group and form your own team.
All announcements to be included in the Harper Happenings should be sent to Adriane McKnight via the Communication Request Form by Mondays at 9 am. If you do not receive an email response within 24hrs, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm your Communication Request Form was received.
For more school information, visit the Harper PTO website.
For additional D39 community events, visit wilmette39.org