Foundation Two Curriculum News
This half term
- Our focus continues to be stories around the world.
- We will read and enjoy, " No dinner" and " My Granny went to Market."
- We are learning to retell a story in sequence and add intonation and expression.
- We are working at securing our phonics knowledge and blending and segmenting sounds.
- We will focus on addition and subtraction and how to record our answers.
- We are enjoying different kinds of markets in our role play areas and the role of money.
- We will follow the international theme, learning about different countries and cultures around the world.
- Our personal and social development is focussing on describing ourselves and our abilities in positive terms as well as how to negotiate and solve problems.
- We will learn how to write a simple sentence , incorporating some key words spelt correctly and using our phonic knowledge to sound out new words.
On Thursday March 26th, JSD will be celebrating international Day. This is an opportunity for your child to come into school wearing an international costume. We will spend the day celebrating different cultures and learning about different countries around the world.
The children will have a team of Year 6 children to lead them in activities. The Amethysts will be learning about the United Kingdom and the Emeralds will be learning about New Zealand.
Please send your child with their packed lunch on this day. If you wish to send in an international treat for the children to share, then please do.
There will be a parade of costumes in the atrium and hall at 9.00am.