Valentines Day

History / History of Flowers

The history of giving your loved one Valentine's Day flowers comes from the old-fashioned custom of sending floral bouquets to pass on non-verbal messages. Now, this day is known as a celebration for a loved one, friend, or family. Sending candy, cards, and especially flowers is a way to express passion for one another.
Big image

Impact on Floral Industries

Valentines day is top 3 of the most productive days in the floral industry. Statistics have shown that 110 million roses, mostly red, are sold the MOST on valentines day.

Profile of the average American Floral Valentine's Day Client

The highest buyers of flowers on this day are the male species. Most grown men with wives, fiances, girlfriends or maybe even just family members, buy the majority of flowers on Valentines day. About 85% of men buy flowers and the other 15% are women who buy for themselves.
Big image