LHR Monday Memo
April 11, 2016
Rather Junior High...Home of the BEST STUDENTS and TEACHERS in Texas!
Tue, 4/12 = 8th graders -Incoming Freshman Tours of BHS (7:30-8:30am)
Tue, 4/12 = JH Soccer @ Princeton
Fri, 4/15 = Bad Weather Day (no school)
Mon, 4/18 = 7th Graders - 8th gr Class Schedule Meeting @ TRIBE
Mon, 4/18 = BISD Board of Trustees Meeting
Tue, 4/19 = Departmental Meetings @ Conference Periods
Tue, 4/19 = JH Soccer @ Home
Tue, 4/19 = JH Choir Spring Concert 6:30pm
Wed, 4/20 = FACULTY MEETING **NEW DATE** 3:45pm
WRITTEN REQUEST REQUIRED FOR ABSENCES
If you need/want to take off work for all or part of the instructional day, you must send an email or other written request to Traci/Ryan asking for approval for the absence. DO NOT put an absence in Aesop until it has received written approval from Traci/Ryan. Aesop absence notifications will not be approved until after the written request has been received and approved by an administrator. [Prior written notice is not required for emergency absences or absences due to last minute illnesses. In those cases, phone calls are an acceptable means of notification.]
Please refer to the information in Ryan's 4/5/16 email along with page 25 of the BISD Employee Handbook and page 5 of the LHR Teacher Handbook for more details.
- Policy Reminders: Make sure you are complying with these and other campus policies with fidelity: Student supervision in transitions; Hall passes (including clinic and learning lab passes); Grades in computer (2 per week); Parent Contact (for academic and behavioral concerns).
- Intervention: Please make sure you check the intervention rosters and direct students to the appropriate room for intervention. We have noticed a decline in the numbers in classes and and increase in the numbers in the library and cafeteria lately.
- Summative Conferences: You should have received an email from your PDAS Supervisor regarding the date and time for your PDAS Summative Conference. Please be prepared to discuss your Professional Development activities from this year and ones you have planned for the summer. Also be prepared to share 2 professional goals for the coming year.
- On Wednesday, April 6th the LHR Purple band went to Anna High School to compete in Region 25 UIL Concert and Sight Reading Contest. Our band performed wonderfully! They received a rating of "Excellent" for the stage and "Excellent" for their sight reading performances. Kuddos to Ms. Norris and Mr. Tubbs for all their hard work. Be sure to congratulate these students when you see them.
- Thank you to everyone for going the extra mile last week to help out when we were short handed in the office. It's times like these that really show what a great team (family) we are here at L.H. Rather!