Friday, September 15, 2017
No room on your board for your Essential Question???
- Additional 10 Non-Negotiable posters are available on the bulletin board in the Teacher's Lounge.
- Gonna be absent? You are now required to submit a leave form to Mrs. Lewis prior to being absent. See A. Kingston to receive a leave form.
- If your daily custodial needs are not being met (swept floor, trash emptied, hallway restroom concerns), send Mr. Dunham an email.
- The AIG meeting that was cancelled last week is rescheduled for Monday, 09/18/17.
- Students going to the Football Jamboree on Wednesday, September 20, will remain in the classroom and a teacher representative from each grade level/elective will escort students to the admission table after buses have been dismissed. This will be the procedure on days that we have home games.
- Staff Members who has signed up for game duty for the Football Jamboree, please make arrangements with your team so that you can leave a little early to get to duty a little before time.
- All certified staff along with support staff, should report to our Game Night 5:45. Lobby staff should arrive by 5:30 to help parents register. Everyone will meet in the cafeteria to start the night.
- We will have our first assembly on Wednesday, September 20 at 2:30 pm for our annual PTO fundraiser "World's Finest Chocolate Kick Off". Announcements will not be made to bring students to the gym. Please be seated and ready to start by 2:30 pm. Please review assembly rules with your students before going to the gym: Recognizing quiet hand; Being respectful of speaker; If students have to leave during assembly exiting quietly down the bleachers and when exiting the door.
- United Way Pledge Cards are due to A. Kingston by Friday, September 22, 2017. Looking for 100%!
- Teachers, please be aware that on Friday, September 22nd, Lifetouch photographers will be in the Media Center taking yearbook pictures. Ms. Harris will call classrooms to come when it is there turn. Please come as soon as possible so that your students can get in and out and we can limit classroom interruptions.
- Recommendations/Referrals for consideration for PROJECT P.I.N.K. (Positive Image New Knowledge) are now being accepted. Please give Mrs. Fehlman/Mrs. Snell names of those girls by Friday, September 22.
- 7th Grade Teachers: Please encourage those students that have not returned proof of vaccinations to do so ASAP. They will be suspended from school after September 26.
- Thank you to Ruth Ann Harris for compiling all the club recruitment videos to get kids excited about clubs this year. The Spartan staff truly did an OUTSTANDING job creating these videos!
- Shout out to Jennifer McRae for designing our SHMS Game Night Flyer.
- Thank you to Ms. Audrey and Ms. Brayboy for coordinating Grandparent's Day. We had a great turnout! Also, thank you to several teachers that stopped by to help set up. (Spencer, Sagastume, Harris)
- Thank you to Ms. Gibson and Ms. Kingston for distributing refreshments at TLC!
- Continue with paper passports and stamps until further notice.
DEADLINE CHANGE: The field trip deadline has been extended to Friday, September 22. Submit all field trip request forms to S. Brayboy (folder is on her door). The field trip request form is located at https://www.scotland.k12.nc.us/cms/lib/NC02213602/Centricity/Domain/219/Request%20for%20Approval.pdf
Athletic duty sign ups were emailed by Mr. Dunham on Wednesday. If you do not sign up for duty by September 17, you will be automatically signed up. Thank you for your help during athletic events!
Remember... student can only participate in TLC and cool stations if they EARN TICKETS! Distribute tickets to kids who R.O.A.R. to make TLC more enticing and to promote positive behavior.
All Certified Staff must attend the SHMS "Game Night" (Parent Curriculum Night) scheduled for 6pm - 8pm on Thursday, September 21. Sign up for events on the mail room door.
To join The Sunshine Club you will need to pay a one time $20 fee to Ruth Ann Harris or Debbie Mears by September 29. The Sunshine Committee delivers sunshine during good and bad times. This may be in the form of flowers, cards, gifts, food, etc. W
Call for Victor E. Bell, Jr. Scholarship Nominations!
College Foundation, Inc. (the “Foundation”) has established the Victor E. Bell, Jr. Scholarship Program to encourage high potential students with limited financial resources to aspire to a college education. Mr. Bell served as Chairman of the Foundation’s Board of Trustees for thirty years. The scholarship honors his vision and selfless service and will enable new generations of North Carolina students to enhance their potential and future contribution to our State.
To be nominated for the Victor E. Bell, Jr. Scholarship, the student must:
1. be a seventh grader
2. be a resident of North Carolina
3. be a citizen or national of the United States or provide evidence from the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service of intent to gain status as an Eligible Non‐Citizen
4. have demonstrated above average academic performance that predicts potential for future academic success that includes the following indicators: a. End of 6th grade year report card with A or B grades
5. have demonstrated financial need by eligibility for free or reduced‐price meals at school
6. have had no expulsions or Long Term Suspensions
Send grade-level nominees to Christina Snell by FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 29, 2017. This is a wonderful opportunity for one of our students to gain a chance at receiving money for college! Thank you in advance!
Grab a Pepsi!
Wagram Elementary School is selling cases (24 count) of 12 oz. Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, Mountain Dew, Diet Mountain Dew, and Sunkist for $15 as a school fundraiser. Order before October 5. Delivered October 26. A sign up sheet is located at the front desk. Thank you for supporting WES!
Promoted as a movement and mindfulness video site, GoNoodle videos may be just what you need to help students refocus, relax, and perform. Everything from a Scientific Method "Think Like a Scientist" rap video to energizing brain breaks.... there are even mediation videos. Go Noodle is sure to entertain.! Try it!
Grab a Pepsi!
Media Center Happenings!
- Just a reminder that Spartan News will start tryouts next week. There are more than 50 kids signed up so it may take the whole week to do them! Ms. Harris will call students in their homerooms to come to the Media Center.
- KUDOS to the 8th grade HOUSE and their leader Mrs. Macy for getting in all of their locker assignments! Still just a few outstanding in 6th and 7th grade.
- Ms. Harris will soon send out a copy of a spreadsheet that has students that still need to turn in AUP's / Photo Release forms.
- Accelerated Reader reports were run today. We are going to acknowledge students differently this year. Once a week, students that make their goal will be congratulated over the intercom in the morning and they will come to the Media Center to receive 10 tickets!
Monday, September 18- 8th Grade Club Registration during Spartan Time; EC Schedules and IEP Meeetings Due; Administrative PLC at 9:00am; Game Night Handout Due, AIG Teacher Meeting 3:45 pm.
Tuesday, September 19- 7th Grade Club Registration during Spartan Time; SIT Meeting; ELA/SS/Science Grade Level Subject Planning, Golf at Scotch Meadows 3:00 pm; Last day to purchase Kirby Books in the Media Center.
Wednesday, September 20- 6th Grade Club Registration during Spartan Time; PBIS Wacky Wednesday Drawing; Student Support Services Meeting at 9:30am; World's Finest Chocolate Kick Off Rally at 2:30pm in the Gym, Football Jamboree 3:45pm at Spring Hill (Concessions: J. Quick & C. Eley; Monitor: L. Lawson; Admissions: C. Macy & W. Green)
Thursday, September 21- Chocolate Distribution Begins during Spartan Time; Beginning Teachers Meeting at 4:00pm in PD2; "Game Night" Parent Curriculum Night 6-8pm (all certified staff in attendance), Math Grade Level Subject Planning, Volleyball at West Hoke 4:15 p.m.
Friday, September 22- Fall Pictures; Learning Focused PD Session "Learning Goals" during all Planning Periods; Flu Shots available in the Conference Room at 3:10pm (Make Up date is October 20 from 3:30-5:00 at the Central Office), Field Trips for the 1st Semester are due; Staff Picture after school (more details to come in the next Friday Review); United Way Pledge Cards due to A. Kingston.
Tuesday, September 26- ELA/SS/Science Grade Level Subject Planning;
Wednesday, September 27- Student Support Services Meeting at 9:30am; Grade Level/Team Meetings (as needed); Learning Focused PD "Classroom Environment" during all Planning Periods; Football at East Hoke
Thursday, September 28- Math Grade Level Subject Planning; Safety Committee at 3:45 in the Conference Room
Friday, September 29- TLC; New EC Teachers Support Meeting in PD2 at Central Office
Tuesday, October 3 - Faculty Meeting 3:45 in the Library
Thursday, October 5 - Assessment/PDP Due
Tuesday, October 10 - Special Faculty Meeting in the Library 3:45