2D Weekly Newsletter
Week ending February 11th
I hope you have had a lovely weekend. The week ahead is a full one, please see upcoming events below.
We have our reading and writing celebration tomorrow which will conclude both units. The Valentines party will be tomorrow afternoon also where we will exchange cards and pre loved books. Thank you for all your support with this. It is also a day your child can dress up as something they love - a color, sports team etc.
We have our field trip on Thursday and I am still looking for some parent helpers. It will be a great trip and it would be wonderful to have you join us. If you are able to help out, please send me an email. Thank you in advance.
If you have not already done so, could you please send back your childs non-fiction published book as they will be used for the portfolios. On Thursday I will be sending home their realistic fiction books for you and your child to enjoy reading together. I know you will enjoy these as the children have worked so hard on these and created wonderful books.
- 14 February - 18 February Read Week
- 14 February - Class Valentine Party
- 14 February - Dress as what you love day
- 15 February - 18 February Elementary Used Book Sale outside the elementary library - before and after school
- 17 February - Dress as your favorite book character day (Lower elementary students only)
- 17 & 18 February - Dhow and Souk Field Trips
- 23 February - Grade 2 Musical
- Time: 11:30 AM - 12:00 PM (please be seated by 11:25) Location: ASD Theater.
- 26 February Friendship Festival