Week of February 9
Have a great winter break!
We will see you on Wednesday, February 24th!
Rasha and Madeleine
Both Nadia and Nami shared their family portraits and five of the photos that they took at home. While Nadia and Nami shared about their families, other students took notes. Then students had an opportunity to ask interview questions. At the end of the share, students reviewed their notes and wrote one sentence about something important they learned about their classmate's family. With those sentences, we made two new class books--one about Nadia's family and one about Nami's family.
In the coming weeks, all students will have a chance to share about their families.
nadia's family share
Nami's family share
Notes from Nami's family interview
sample pages from Nami's family book
During word study this week, we reviewed all of the sounds and motions that we've learned this year. The students recorded footage for a Sounds in Motion movie! Check it out down below!
At home: Ask your child to share some of the letter sounds and motions that we already learned. Here is the list: T, C, K, D, G, S, F, L, M, J, H and A.
COMING UP!...and reminders
- Monday, 2/15 to Tuesday, 2/23 - February Break
- Friday, 2/26 @ 2:15PM - February Birthday Celebration!
- 3/1 - Performance of Caps for Sale at the New Victory Theater
- 4/11 - Field trip to the Battery Urban Farm
- Please remember to send in clothing that matches the weather. With the snow, we recommend boots, snow pants, hats, and gloves/mittens.
- Please also make sure your child has an extra set of clothing, just in case they get wet during the day.