Career Center Weekly Update
September 19, 2016
UGA Career Center
APPOINTMENTS: Call (706) 542-3375. No appointments are scheduled via email.
Walk-in hours are regularly held Monday-Friday from 12:00-2:00 PM in the Career Center computer lab. Check for your career consultant's satellite hours here. Please note that Resume Critique Days in Tate Grand Hall will be held in lieu of regular walk-in hours and satellite hours September 20th. Walk-in and satellite hours will also be cancelled for the Career and Internship Fair on September 21st.
How to Prepare for the Fall Career & Internship Fair: Connect Online with Employers
Date: September 20th
Time: 6:00 PM until 7:00 PM
Click here to register: https://app.brazenconnect.com/a/uga/e/aZgxb
This is an opportunity for you to connect with employers attending the Fall Career & Internship Fair to gain wisdom and advice on how to make the most of your time at the Career Fair! You will hear career tips and build your professional network – all online!
You may enter one (or more) booths to begin chatting with an employer. Booths are broken down by the following topics:
- Appropriate dress and attire
- Following up with employers after the career fair
- How to approach employers/Elevator pitch
- Resume tips and what to bring to the fair
- Employer research/How to Prepare
Kroger Atlanta Summer Internship Program - Overview & Q&A Webinar
Time: 2:00 PM
Do you have an interest in management, consumer goods, or HR? Do you want to work with a Fortune 500 company that prides itself on innovation and growth?
Then this internship is RIGHT for you!
Kroger Atlanta hosts summer interns every year from May to August, who actively learn through real life experiences through executive exposure, leadership development, mentorship, and real-world projects derived from our real-time business needs.
You will find yourself highly engaged in careers you didn’t even know existed at Kroger.
Join Us to learn more on September 23rd at 2:00pm. It's never too early to learn about what resources are available for you!
Xerox Corporation - Graphic Communication Sales Associate Program
During this 12 month program new college graduates will grow through a sales and leadership curriculum that combines various methods of learning, training and career development. The program will provide students with an understanding of the U.S Graphic Communication Organization through three intensive cross-organizational rotation assignments that will give them practical experience in the Field Sales, Major Account Sales, Sales Operations and Market and Business Development. They will experience real-world challenges and gain valuable job understanding through completing hands-on projects, working side-by-side with knowledgeable and expert Team members while they build competencies as an individual leader.
Students must be open to moving to other geographic regions within the US and have at least a 3.0 GPA. See full position description and apply on Handshake.
Boys and Girls Club of America - Fall/Winter Research Internship
Under the supervision of the National Vice President of Sports, Entertainment & Alumni Development, the Research Intern is responsible for assisting the department with strategic research on celebrities, alumni and supporters. This position will assist with any special initiatives relating to Club appearances, marketing, etc., relative to entertainment/celebrity and alumni as assigned by the National Vice President.
Candidates must be an incoming sophomore, junior or senior (undergraduate programs) or graduate student pursuing a degree in hospitality, communications, business or liberal arts. Candidate must have strong verbal and written communication skills as well as demonstrate proper telephone etiquette; detail-oriented; demonstrated high standards of ethics, integrity and eagerness to learn; and interest in working on special events for a non-profit organization. Intermediate Microsoft Word (including mail merge), Outlook, PowerPoint, and Publisher skills are necessary.
More details and application can be found here.
Hurricane Junior Golf Tour 2017 Internships
The internship is not paid but all housing and travel costs are covered by the organization. Students may apply for a spot any time for any semester. In order to apply, send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Department of Romance Languages Graduate Programs - Information Session
Time: 4 PM until 5 PM
Location: 118 Gilbert
The Department of Romance Languages offers graduate programs in French, Italian, Portuguese, Romance Languages, and Spanish leading to M.A. and Ph.D. degrees. This is one of the most productive departments at the University of Georgia with a large faculty of professors who specialize in research on literature, culture, linguistics, and film. Come learn about these M.A. and Ph.D. programs. There will be snacks!
Careers and Graduate Schools in Public and International Affairs
Time: 12 PM until 1:30 PM
Location: Tate 137
Representatives from these five institutions will discuss academic programs, admissions requirements, financial aid, and career opportunities for students with graduate degrees in international affairs.
The University of Georgia Career Center
The Career Center can help you with:
- Choosing a major/career
- Resume writing
- Getting into graduate school/finding a job
FOR APPOINTMENTS: call 706-542-3375. No appointments are scheduled via email.
Meet Your Career Consultant
* All University of Georgia Career Center sponsored events are for UGA students and alumni only.
* The Career Center is committed to providing access for all people with disabilities and will provide accommodations if notified in advance. To request accommodations please contact us at 706-542-3375.
* To help ensure a pleasant & productive environment for all participants, please follow these guidelines:
1. Respect all participants (employers, job seekers, & staff).
2. Appropriate attire is required and is determined by event. Some events require Professional or Business Attire.
3. For safety reasons, the doorways to the event (inside & out) & the surrounding areas must be kept clear at all times.
4. Participants are expected to cooperate with all reasonable requests made by members of the staff & all reasonable requests of any person acting in an official capacity as a representative of the participating institutions.
5. If questions or concerns arise during the event, please contact a member of the Career Center staff for assistance.
* Please DO NOT use quotation marks or add any other text to the body of the message.
PLEASE READ THE ABOVE INSTRUCTIONS TO UNSUBSCRIBE.