OLYMPIAN HIGH SCHOOL
"Where Champions Are Made"
School-wide Learner Outcomes:
- 100% of students will exit their grade level "on track" for secondary study.
- Each student will progressively learn to be fully responsible for his or her academic progress and success.
- Each student will develop the necessary skills to support life-long learning and become a productive, ethical member of the community.
COLLEGE READINESS SKILL - RELATE & APPLY OCTOBER 29 - DECEMBER 10
Reflection activity: Thursday, December 11 Period 6
Monday, December 8, 2014- Pro Hour Day Schedule
- 8:00 Calendar Meeting
Tuesday, December 9, 2014 - Regular Day Schedule
- All day - IMC III Pullout
Wednesday, December 10, 2014 - Block Schedule
- 3:00 p.m. - F.A.C. meeting
- 6:00 p.m. - PTSO meeting
Thursday, December 11, 2014 - Block Schedule
- Period 6 - Reflection activity
- 3:00 p.m. - Link Crew Cocoa and Cram
- 6:30 Dance Concert - MPR
Friday, December 12, 2014 - Winter Sports Assembly
- 9:30 - 11:30 District IIPC meeting - Elaine to attend
- 6:30 p.m. Dance Concert - MPR
Saturday, December 13, 2014
- 4:00 p.m. Staff Holiday Party - Cafe Coyote
- 6:30 p.m. Dance Concert - MPR
- You are to work on the agenda that you had agreed upon based on your last PLC collaboration.
- Including this week, we have one more weeks of instruction. Finals week will next week . Your PLC should plan for the last weeks of instruction, review, and Final exams. Dr. Melendrez will coordinate the EOCs for the courses that have one from the district. If your course does not have a district final, your are expected to create and administer one for your course. Please submit a copy of your final to me if you have not done so as soon as possible. If you have any questions about this, please see me. Just so that the expectations are clear, please note that having students sit, party, having free time, or review for their other finals during the entire Final Exam period is not acceptable.
- A reminder that everyone is expected to stay on campus until the end of the PLC time. Thank you for your professionalism.
- PLC Minutes and products are to be turned in to me.
Thank you for your engagement and hard work!
Kudos and Thanks
- Keeping our mission foremost in our work and meetings
- Your commitment to Olympian High School
- Relentlessly planning for daily instruction
- Implementing PLC's and collaborating with each other
- Delivering exemplary customer service to our students and parents
- Participating and attending all Professional Development opportunities
- Caring for the academic and non-academic needs of our students even though you feel tired, overwhelmed, or sick
- Believing that hard work, high expectations, and support will change the lives of our students
Think Before You Click Assembly
Chula Vista Starlight Parade
Common Senior Experience
For the Common Good
- STAFF HOLIDAY PARTY - Our staff holiday party will be Saturday, December 13th at Cafe Coyote in Old Town. Please email Sharon Segurson if you plan to attend. We had a great time last year! Thanks Ms. Segurson for organizing again this year!
- SEMESTER GRADES: Students will be given hand-carried report cards Period 1, someone will come by to pick up the absentees. Powerschool grade submission will be due on Friday, December 19 at 2:00 p.m. Hard copies due by 3:00 p.m. to Rosalia Garcia. . Please plan accordingly. Thank you for your cooperation.
- BEFORE YOU LEAVE for WINTER BREAK: Yes, you will need to empty your refrigerator and unplug all your mini-appliances and computer. Turn off all your electronics! Official holidays are December 24, 25, 31 and January 1 and 2. Custodians will not be on campus, plan accordingly. Please put away important papers, store valuable equipment under lock and key, and take home personal items that you cannot secure. Thank you for your assistance!