The Patrick Henry Post
March 3rd, 2022
March is Women's History Month!
Take a look below for resources for teaching our children about the powerful history of women, and how many generations have fought for women to have the freedoms they enjoy today.
- National Women's History Museum - website with free resources for teachers, parents, and children to understand the long history of women fighting for other women
- How to Celebrate Women's History Month with Kids - blog with free resources for parents who want to teach Women's History Month at home with their children
- Record Your Family's Female History - parenting blog about how children can interview the women in their family to record the powerful history of women in their own lives
- Parents' Guide to Women's History Month - parenting blog with five ideas of how to celebrate this month as a family
Leadership Team Updates
This week, our Patrick Henry Post highlights updates from our Leadership Team members. This includes our School Counselor, our Family and Community Specialist, our Dean of Students, and our Academic Instructional Coach. This team of staff members work tirelessly to make sure the school runs smoothly - they take care of students, staff, parents, and community partners to meet the needs of all of our stakeholders!
See below for some exciting things that are happening behind the scenes at Patrick Henry.
From the Desk of Ms. Gregory
From the Desk of Ms. Webb
Hi Families! For the month of February only, we have partnered with World's Finest Chocolate fundraising. Fun Fact: this is the first fundraiser Patrick Henry has done since 2018. I am so thankful for this opportunity that has given our students and their families to help Patrick Henry raise money for teacher supplies, student incentives, and to help increase family engagement. Thank you, families, for continuing to support your children and supporting Patrick Henry staff to build a better community.
From the Desk of Ms. Jones
From the Desk of Ms. Smith
From the Desk of Dr. Rogers
An Update from Ms. Jami's 3rd Graders
Perfect Attendance Celebration
This week, we celebrated all of our students who had perfect attendance the month of February. Congrats to the following students:
Thank You, Kids Vision for Life!
Free Vision Screening at Patrick Henry
- 80% OF LEARNING IN A CHILD'S FIRST 12 YEARS COMES THROUGH THE EYES
- 25% OF ALL SCHOOL CHILDREN IN THE US HAVE A VISION PROBLEM SIGNIFICANT ENOUGH TO AFFECT LEARNING
- 90% OF CHILDREN WHO NEED GLASSES DO NOT HAVE THEM
Congrats, STAR Winners!
Stop by and Welcome Our New Secretary!
Ms. Sierra Spells
P.S. - Ms. Sierra took her school photo on the same day as Pajama Day, so this photo represents her more whimsical side!