Dear Students & Families,
- June 1st - Last day to check out books
- June 4th & 7th - Senior Finals
- June 8th & 9th - Optional Model UN for Seniors
- June 8th - Band Concert
- June 9th - Baccalaureate
- June 10th - Senior Awards Night & Community Parade
- June 11th - Senior Breakfast, Graduation Rehearsal & Graduation
- June 14th & 15th - Finals for Grades 9-11
- June 16th - Last Day of School - This is an asynchronous day. So it will be used for students to make their final push to get assignments turned in.
May E.E.E. Students of the Month
- Engaged - Students that take an active role in their education and are deeply engaged in the learning.
- Empathetic - Students that show caring towards their classmates and school staff.
- Endurance - Students that stick with difficult problems and show resilience when things don't go well.
Students of the month:
- Arts = Sophia Broten - Sophia's positive attitude and consistent engagement in awesome! She plans out her art projects and takes her time to complete unique work.
- CTE = Drew Tormanen - Drew is a returning student that currently has a 98.68 % in his Wood Arts & Craftsmanship class. He has shown a growth over time that you only get by working hard. He continually chooses projects that show his knowledge of the process, while also challenging his ability to critical think and problem solve. He also has a quiet leadership quality, always willing to ask or answer questions, and help in any way that he can.
- English = Samantha Errico - Sammie was chosen for her enthusiasm and willingness to volunteer throughout the reading of Romeo & Juliet in Ms. Harteloo's 2nd period class. In addition, Sammie provides insight in discussions, and she is always upbeat, polite and engaged in the material. Her attitude and her enthusiasm are much appreciated.
- Health & PE = Zane Cunningham - Zane is always ready for the lesson, happy and works hard in and out of class. He is ready and willing to demonstrate any technique, throw in an idea and engages the class with kindness and humor. I appreciate his endurance to help with equipment with such patience in our special circumstances of this time. He is a delight to have in class and elevates our class period with joy.
- HVA = Avi Hille - Avi consistently produces high quality work due to her excellent work ethic. She is always on schedule or ahead of schedule in her HVA courses and completed three of them three weeks early. Personal interaction is a bit limited in HVA, but Avi communicates with her teachers by responding to their emails in a polite and pleasant manner even when a response is not required. Avi will graduate this June fully prepared to strive for success in her future endeavors.
- Math = Quincy Lee - Quincey is actively engaged during class, she asks deeper level questions and goes above and beyond to ensure her own understanding for every topic. She works hard to complete all her work on time and takes responsibility to clarify when needed. She strives for success in all that she does. Way to go Quincey.
- Science = Grace Sedillo - Grace is responsible and engaged in all that she does. She works hard to deepen her understanding of science by asking questions and engaging in each class. She puts 110% effort into every assignment and activity to support her own successes. She is a positive role model for all students. Keep it up Grace.
- Social Studies = Ashlynn Ulman - She has been a fantastic Zoom student, has not missed a single day, interacts on Zoom Chat, asks questions and just overall been a great participant in US History!
- World Languages = Andrew Armstrong - Andrew consistently tries his best to acquire Spanish through participation and dedication to completing his assignments to the best of his ability. Andrew is eager to learn and even makes an effort to learn Spanish language and culture outside of class and our assignments. His positive attitude is appreciated by the whole class.
Library Books & Chromebooks
Obviously, any books or chromebooks needed for classes students should keep until they are no longer needed. We would like all materials returned by June 17th.
Summer School Credit Recovery
Below is a link to a survey to fill out to show interest in the program. This is only for students who have failed a course or have an incomplete.
Class of 2021 Graduation
We are excited about the development of our outdoor graduation. While tickets are going to be very limited, everyone can watch via live stream on the HHS youtube page. It is linked below.
Also, we have developed a plan for every senior to get 3 tickets. Those 3 tickets must sit together. I know this isn't enough and will still leave some demand. We wish we could have a full stands to celebrate the class of 2021!
Please remember to keep social distanced from people outside your group and everyone must be masked at all times (vaccinated or not). In the spirit of safety, we will not allow large 'tailgate parties' in the parking lot before or after.
Let's hope for good weather!
2nd Annual Hawks Graduation Parade
The Hawks Class of 2021 Graduation Committee invites the entire Hockinson community in celebrating our graduates on Thursday, June 10th at 7:30pm for a small town parade. Please join us in lining the streets of our beloved Hockinson as we send this class on to their next adventure, showing them the much needed love, support and faith in the future that this class most definitely deserves. Handmade signs, noise makers, cheers...whatever you've got bring them with you while sporting your Hawks gear! The graduates will start at the high school and make their way up to the elementary school and then back to the start. All three schools will have parking available.
*this is not a Hockinson School District sponsored event
HHS Booster News
Upcoming Booster Events!
- Join us Saturday, June 12th - 9am-1pm at the Hockinson Saturday Market to experience the Hawk Gear Pop-Up Shop! Kick off the Summer with new Hawk Gear! Keep the summer sun out of your eyes with an embroidered Richardson SnapBack hat, hang out in comfy cotton Hockinson Tees, stay cozy in Hawk Hoodies during chilly PNW summer nights and show your Hockinson Pride everywhere you drive with a new Hockinson Car Decal! First 10 customers receive a Hearth Coffee gift card ☕️ & Free Dot 🍩 donut! ⠀
- We are scheduled to be back at the Heathman Lodge on October 16, 2021 for our Annual Fall Auction. Our teams and groups are already working on putting together some amazing items to offer for this event. Mark your calendars now and watch for tickets to go on sale early September.
- This event will be closely followed by our Annual Holiday Bazaar on November 20, 2021 at the High School. Over 100 vendors all in one place to help you get a jump start on your Holiday shopping. New vendors can begin signing up on July 1st for this event.
- Fun Days will follow later in the school year. June 3rd and 4th, 2022
Boosters are always looking for volunteer help. We have opportunities large and small including but not limited to booster positions, event coordinators, event volunteers for either prep work and/or day of support. We are currently looking for someone with a passion for being our holiday bazaar coordinator. Our current coordinator is stepping down after several years of service and is willing to train someone new. Thank you Carolee McAfee! Organizational and communication skills needed but no prior experience. If you are interested in this well supported volunteer position or any other volunteer opportunities please contact us.
This year the Hazel Dell parade is a virtual performance format, featuring our very own Hockinson High School Band. The schools will be recording their performances separately on their own and together, they will be aired on social media and local television on June 12th. For more information on how to watch the video see the association’s website at https://hdscba.org/event/2021-hazel-dell-parade-of-bands/
You don't want to miss this year's only formal band performance. The band has been working hard to bring you the Year End Concert to Hockinson High School on Tuesday, June 8th. The evening performance will be a limited, in-person as well as live stream event. Follow @hockinsonband on facebook for more details.
The 4th of July is less than one month away and the HHS Band will be selling fireworks again this year. A lot of hard work goes into this very important fundraiser which will support getting back to the activities, performances, and competitions which our band is so well-known for. Please come out to show your support this Independence Day and purchase your fireworks for an amazing program! Details will be posted @hockinsonband on facebook.
Wishing everyone a great summer!