Cognitive Coaching Training
North Georgia RESA Coaches Academy Training
Day 1 and 2: October 27th and 28th
Day 3 and 4: December 10th and 11th
North Georgia RESA is pleased to offer this 8 day training for all academic coaches in our service area. The 8 day training will being in FY16 (4 days) and conclude in FY 17 (4 days). You will not want to miss this opportunity to enhance your coaching skills and learn how to truly partner with your fellow educators as you work toward raising student achievement.
"A conscious leader invites thinking rather than reacting with quick actions and answers; otherwise, today's solutions become tomorrow's problems."
About Cognitive Coaching
In the eight day seminars, participants learn how to:
1. develop trust and rapport
2. develop an identity as a mediator of thinking
3. utilize conversation structures for planning, reflecting and problem resolving
4. develop teachers' autonomy and sense of community
5. develop higher levels of efficacy, consiciousness, craftsmanship, flexibility and interdependence
6. apply four support functions: coaching, evaluating, consulting and collaborating
7. utilize the coaching tools of pausing, paraphrasing, and posing questions
8. distinguish among the five forms of feedback
9. use data to mediate thinking
Year One Training Schedule
Major Emphasis: The Essence of Cognitive Coaching
-understand the essence of Cognitive Coaching
-Increased consciousness and craftsmanship in applying interpersonal communication skills to develop trust and rapport
-understand the power of a structured professional conversation
Day Two: October 28th, 2015
Major Emphasis: The Tool of Paraphrasing
-Internalized Planning Conversation Map
-Expanded and refined skills and repertoire of coaching tools
Day Three: December 10, 2015 Reflection and Mediative Questions
-Understanding of the Reflecting Conversation Map
-increased automaticity with the essential coaching pattern of pausing, paraphrasing, and posing questions
-increased consciousness and skills in asking mediative questions
Day 4: December 11, 2015 Support Functions, especially Coaching and Evaluating and Using Data
-Internalized reflecting conversation map
-awareness of how to navigate support functions
-understanding the role of data in mediating thinking
Nine Outcomes of Cognitive Coaching
2. Teachers grew in teaching efficacy.
3. Cognitive Coaching impacted teachers' thinking, causing them to be more reflective and to think in more complex ways.
4. Teachers were more satisfied with their positions and with their choice of teaching as a profession.
5. School cultures became more professional.
6. Teachers collaborated more.
7. Cognitive Coaching assisted teachers professionally.
8. Cognitive Coaching benefited teachers personally.
9. Cognitive Coaching benefited people in fields other than teaching.
Registration and Information
Cost per session is $35.00 per participant per session. Year one cost will be $140.00 which includes materials and supplies. Your districts will be billed at the conclusion of day 4. Year two training will also cost $140.00. Please be sure to set aside this amount as you budget for FY17.
This training is limited to 30 attendees. One additional training set will be added if there is enough interest. Please make sure to register early to secure your spot. You can register using the form below. Please scroll through to make sure all fields are completed.
As always, if you have any questions please email or call.
Hope to see you in October!