T.C. Williams Library
March 2013 Monthly Report
Instruction & Collaboration
- Advanced Research skills (Divan)
- AP Physics; Using academic journals & Advanced search skills(Porter)
- Research projects (L. Jones)
- New Deal (Hudgens)
- Nonfiction reading to support lessons (Kratovil)
- Literacy (Martin)
· The Graphic Design class (Elkins) presented their proposals for “rebranding” the TC Library’s print, electronic, and promotional graphics.
· 2 skype sessions with authors-- Julia Karr, author of one of our TC READS books and Titan Book Club skyped with Mary Pearson, author of The Adoration of Jenna Fox.
· Purchased $ 2,000 of new materials and database renewal; and processed approx. $ 3,400 of books previously ordered.
· Created displays for new materials, Women’s History Month, Teen Tech Week
· Added JSTOR dtatbase for academic articles which got overwhelmingly positive response from staff
· We received a donation of 23 popular books from a student who gave them to us as gift in memory of her brother
Students participated in Teen Tech Week activities that included using web.2.0 tools, to create book commercials, book covers and participated in a QR code scavenger hunt using their cell phones. Also, MH Titans had fun experimenting with gadgets and tech tools from our Blast from the Past Technology display.