Merryhill School News
Snow Time Shop
Also, we always appreciate your online recommendations of our school through the many search engines available for schools - Google, Greatschools, Yelp, etc.
Upcoming Holiday Events
- Polar Express Family Night - Friday, December 8th - This is a fun family event with crafts, treats, and a special holiday visitor! We look forward to have those of your that have registered join us in your pajamas for a trip on the Polar Express!
- Parent's Night Out - Friday, December 15th - This is an awesome chance to a "kid-free" evening for holiday shopping, fun, or just a quiet evening while your children are safe and having a wonderful time here with us! We will provide dinner, crafts, bedtime snack, and much more! Registration and payments are due by Monday, December 11th.
- Holiday Programs - Kindergarten and 1st Grade will be held on Friday, December 8th at 3:00 p.m., and 2nd through 6th Grades are held on Friday, December 15th at 3:00 p.m. We hope all of our families are able to join us for these wonderful performances! Students have received specific information regarding attire / costumes.
Please help us by ensuring that children are without any episodes of fever, vomiting, or diarrhea within 24 hours of returning to school.
Parenting Resources - Keeping our children healthy this winter
Our fluctuating Texas weather has brought plenty of illness. Here are a few tips to help keep our children healthy this season.
New Feature! - Family of the Week
We would like to take the opportunity to share your family with the remainder of our Merryhill family. If you are interested in having your family featured, please answer the questions below this article and send a family photo to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are excited to feature all of your beautiful families!
For this first week, I wanted to share my family with you.
Meet the Bechtel Family
Tell us about your family:
We have two beautiful children, Ryan (15) and Katy (11). Ryan is a sophomore at Mansfield Legacy High School. Soccer is his passion and takes up much of our lives; he plays club soccer for Liverpool and is on the varsity team at his school. Katy is a 6th grade student at Merryhill School. She loves to play golf and continues to excel at her sport. Jon and I both work for Nobel Learning Communities. I have been at this school for almost 27 years and served as principal for 21 of those years. Jon has been with the school for 17 years and works in Finance and Operations of all of our K-12 schools in the company.
What is your favorite Merryhill memory:
As both of our children have been at Merryhill from newborn through Sixth Grades, our favorite memory is their Kindergarten and 6th Grade graduations. (Katy's graduation is still a few months away.) These monumental milestones and memorable ceremonies are ones that we will never forget!
Obviously, Merryhill is a very special part of our family and very much home away from home. My children grew up here and have so many special adult advocates that have loved them like they were their own family! When either of them has something exciting happen, there is a list of Merryhill teachers on their "first to tell" list to share those things!
Complete these three short questions about your family. Send your family photo to email@example.com.
We will be having winter parties and a book exchange in every classroom on Thursday, December 21st. The sign up sheets for the parties are posted on each classroom door. Please sign up to bring an item. In addition, we ask that each child bring a wrapped book that is appropriate for your child's age for the book exchange. There is a $10 price limit on the books.
We have posted sign up sheets for the elementary students for both early dismissal on Friday, December 22nd (11:00 a.m.) and for Winter Break (December 26-29, January 2-5, and January 8). Please understand that students must be signed up to attend; there will be a $20 fee if a student comes on a day that they are not signed up for. These must be completed by Wednesday, December 13.
Our Winter Break field trips and activities for our elementary students have been sent home and are available on our website as well. We look forward to a fun time for all!
Please be reminded that tuition is still the same price during those weeks. Preschool students only have the option to request one vacation week per year with the following criteria:
- Must be requested in writing at least two week's in advance
- Student must have been enrolled for six consecutive months
Elementary tuition remains the same as all other school weeks.
- December 8: Kindergarten and First Grade holiday program 3:00 p.m.
- December 8: Polar Express Family Night 7:00-8:30 p.m.
- December 11-15: Snow Time Shop
- December 12: Third Grade enrichment trip to Bass Hall to see "The Nutcracker"
- December 15: 2nd - 6th Grade holiday program 3:00 p.m.
- December 15: Parent's Night Out 6:45-10:00 p.m.
- December 18: School Spelling Bee 9:00 a.m.
- December 19: Lunch Bunch
- December 21: Holiday Parties / Book Exchange
- December 22: Spirit Day
- December 22: Early dismissal 11:00 a.m.
- December 25: School closed
- December 26-29: Winter Break
- January 1: School closed
- January 2-5: Winter Break
- January 8: Winter Break
- January 9: Classes resume