Colonel Patrick J Rhatigan
Won Several Honors and Awards In His Career
Colonel Patrick J Rhatigan Won Several Honors and Awards In His Career
Air Force stands for courage, service and sacrifice, so are the commanders who serve the Air Force. Colonel Patrick J Rhatigan is an honorable Commander, 19th Airlift Wing, Little Rock Air Force Base, Arkansas. He has more than 5000 flying hours. Till now, he has flown various aircraft which includes C-12, C-21, C-141, C-17, KC-135, B-1, C-130J. Col. Rhatigan leads the "Home of C-130 Combat Airlift." He works in concert with the 314th Airlift Wing (AETC), 189th Airlift Wing (ANG), 22nd Air Force Detachment 1 (AFRC) and the United States Air Force Weapons School (ACC) in all aspects of C-130 training.
Being an experienced Commander, Colonel Patrick J Rhatigan helps the other military personnel in developing the skills needed to face the Air Force transformation smoothly. Owing to his hard work and dedication, he has received many honors and awards from the peers and experienced personnel of Air Force. Here are some of the major awards and decorations that Patrick Rhatigan has received during his career span.
- Defense Superior Service Medal
- Bronze Star
- Meritorious Service Medal with four oak leaf clusters
- Air Medal with two oak leaf clusters
- Aerial Achievement Medal
- Air Force Commendation Medal with two oak leaf clusters
- Combat Readiness Medal with two oak leaf clusters National Defense Service Medal with one service star
- Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal with one service star Kosovo Campaign Medal
- Afghanistan Campaign Medal with one service star
- Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal
- Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
- Armed Forces Service Medal
Colonel Patrick J Rhatigan received the golden opportunity to shake hands with the President Barack Obama during his visit at Little Rock Air Force Base, Arkansas. President Obama gave him a challenge coin after he arrived at Little Rock Air Force Base on Wednesday, May 7, 2014. Obama visited with first responders and families affected by the tornadoes happened there.
Recently on Feb. 9, 2015, Colonel Patrick J Rhatigan, the 19th Airlift Wing commander, along with Chief Master Sgt. Rhonda Buening, the 19th AW command chief, congratulate Senior Airman Frederick Burgos, a 19th Force Support Squadron fitness specialist, for his selection as Combat Airlifter of the Week, at Little Rock Air Force Base, Arkansas. Although uncertainty comes with the job, Rhatigan said the people he comes in contact with inspire him to do a good job.