News from Fourth Grade
January 11 - January 15
This week we will be continuing in our fiction unit. We will be discussing ancient, traditional tales (mythology). Students will be exploring the language, characters, and purpose of these ancient stories.
Remember students should be recording their 30 minutes of reading every night on their home reading log and turning it in every Friday!
This week we will be wrapping out our second math unit with patterns, area, and perimeter. Students will be working daily through a rotation of four stations (independent work, hands on activity, technology practice, teacher group). Students will also be working daily on math facts practice.
Students will be taking their Unit 2 Post Assessment on Friday, January 15th.
Weekly Home Expectations
- 30 minutes of reading a night recorded on Home Reading Log
- Math facts practice (IXL, xtramath, fashcards, etc.)
- Information about the second session of after school programming will be coming home today (1/8) in Friday Folders. We will begin collecting permission forms on Monday, January 11th on a first come, first serve basis! If your student is interested in joining the science club, make sure to have the permission form ready to turn in Monday!
- Gifted nominations are open and will close on Friday, January 29th! If you would like to nominate your student for the gifted program, please visit the Woodridge 68 website for more information!
- NO SCHOOL: Monday, January 18th (Martin Luther King Jr. Day)
- Young Authors story due February 12th!
- Please remember that students are no longer allowed to bring in birthday treats. However, they may bring in a non-food item to share with their classmates on their birthday. There are 20 students in our classroom.
Escape from Mr. Lemoncello's Library Book Party
Friday, Jan. 29th, 7-8:30pm
Woodridge Public Library
Registraction required at http://woodridgelibrary.evanced.info/?et=childrens+programs