Jasper Daily News
August 26, 2016
STUDENTS: This year, students who have an elected position in a club or organization will have an opportunity to become an introductory speaker at morning announcements and at certain designated school events. If you are a club officer and wish to participate, please secure a form from your club sponsor or in the Student Center. If you have plans to organize a non-curricular club, you must organize and elect officers ASAP in order to be included as an introductory speaker for the first semester. (Clubs organized after August 31st will have an opportunity to participate during the second semester.) Forms will only be available through Wednesday, August 31st and must be returned to the front office by the end of the school day on August 31st. Please see an administrator if you have any questions.
STUDENT PICK-UP AT JASPER EVENTS ON OR OFF CAMPUS:
Students are expected to be picked up within 15 minutes after the a event is over. If a student is not picked up in this time frame, the student is jeopardizing their privilege of attending events for the rest of the year. It is suggested you call home at the beginning of the fourth quarter or third match in volleyball games. If it is a performance, the student should call home at intermission or before the last group is performing. If you have any questions about this, please see an administrator.
STUDENT CODE OF CONDUCT AT EXTRA CURRICULAR EVENTS: Students, as we begin the year and start attending extra-curricular events, please keep in mind that the Student Code of Conduct is still in force while at these events. This is true even if you are at another campus or PISD site like a football stadium. Any violation of the Student Code of Conduct could jeopardize your student status here at Jasper. When attending games at one of the PISD stadiums, please adhere to the following rules when attending games at all Plano ISD Stadiums:
- Backpacks are prohibited and will not be allowed inside the stadium.
- Body painting is not allowed. Face painting and painted t-shirts are allowed.
- Masks and other face coverings are not allowed.
- All food and drinks from the outside are prohibited.
- Signs must be positive, appropriate and promote the participants.
- No balls are allowed in the stadium except on the field of play.
- Alcoholic beverages, tobacco products and weapons are prohibited by law.
- Patrons who leave the stadium will be required to purchase a ticket to re-enter.
- Only authorized personnel will be admitted onto the field.
- Air horns are prohibited per UIL rules.
- Animals, other than service animals, are not allowed in the stadium.
YEARBOOK: Buy your Yearbook for $55 at JostensYearbooks.com. Deadline is September 18!
WHIZ QUIZ: If you are interested in joining Jasper's Whiz Quiz team, please come to a meeting next Thursday, Sept. 1 in room 2036 (Mr. Stanton's room). No experience necessary!
VIDEO ANNOUNCEMENTS: Any student that is interested in being part of the new video announcements here at Jasper should come to the Student Center and sign up at Mrs. Porst's desk. Announcements will be filmed during block lunch. We will take your name and let you know the process for selection of these positions.
The following previous announcements: