Do You Know What It Does To Your Body?
- Smoking causes bronchitis, a disease which causes couching, and soreness in the chest.
- Cigarettes have carcinogens that make cells divide and mutate at an abnormal rate, in other words, cancer.
- Emphysema is when air sacs in lungs can loose elasticity and causes major breathing problems, another one of many diseases caused by cigarettes. It's unalterable.
- Plaque can build up in the arteries, which are called Atherosclerosis, causes heart attacks and strokes.
- Urea is a chemical found in urine is added to cigarettes for flavor.
Tar can build up in lungs from smoking.
How Smoking Affects the Body on 'The Doctors'
- When you use chewing tobacco for a period of time, white, leathery, pre-cancerous sores develop on your gums called leukoplakia.
- Nicotine is in tobacco products that make it very addictive and difficult to stop.
- Adolescents who use chewing tobacco have a possibility of smoking cigarettes in the future.
- Chewing tobacco contains 28 known carcinogens.