JKES - 2nd Grade News
We are learning...
- Review of all skills taught for end of year math test
- Review of all strategies and skills taught
- Rotation stations of strategies taught
- Cursive handwriting
- STEAM activities
Upcoming Important Events:
- 3rd Apple Blossom Holiday
- 24th Alamo Field Trip
- 27th Holiday-Memorial Day
- 30th Field Day
- 30th International Carnival
- 31st Last Day of School-11:45 a.m. dismissal
Please discuss the importance of the character pillars with your child.
Trustworthiness, Respect, Responsibility, Fairness, Citizenship, Caring
Here's a fun video that reviews some examples of each character pillar.
Celebrating Birthdays in 2nd Grade!
To keep birthdays safe and fun for all, we will have monthly birthday celebrations on the last day of each month.
We will be celebrating May and summer birthdays on Friday, May 24th.
The teachers are providing popsicles because they are safe for students with allergies. Please do not send in any other birthday treats. If you would like to help with the purchase of popsicles this year, please speak to your child's teacher. Also, if you send in birthday party invitations to school you need to include one for every student in the class.