Stem Strong - Science Teachers Needed
Complete 1 online teacher survey about science and engineering teaching and learning and 1 survey about the quality and sustainability of the professional learning provided
Distribute informational letters to parents, and return any opt-out documentation
Participate in up to a total of 2 classroom observations per year
Complete up to 2 teacher logs per year to describe a “unit” of instruction, including sharing lesson plans, assessments, presentations, worksheets, etc.
Participate in up to 5 short interviews, once after the summer professional learning event, and once at the end of each study year.
For more information fill out this survey.
Curious Cubs Learning Center Coming in the Fall of 2023 to Mammoth Lakes
Opportunities for Preschool , TK and Kindergarten Teachers
- Are you interested in teaching preschool , TK or Kindergarten? MCOE has grant funds available to support individuals pursuing a teaching credential or working on units towards the TK standards. Earn $1,000.00 per nine course units. The funding is available for the next three years and there are opportunities locally and remotely to earn credits. Contact Tammy Nguyen or Ana Danielson for more information.
- CSU Sacramento is accepting applications in their Child and Adolescent Development Program, an online BA program. This program allows students to finish their upper division coursework and graduate from Sacramento State within three years’ time. The program was created to meet the needs of working adults and students living in rural areas who seek to complete their first Bachelor’s Degree. Courses will be held synchronously two evenings a week from approximately 6:30pm-9:20pm. Click here for more information.
Check out this explanation for more details and the English translation of the examples above.
Esquiar- to ski
El señor está esquiando
For more picture vocabulary follow hola.spanish on Instagram
Jugar- to play
Los niños están jugando al hockey.
Fun with Mathematics
Mathigon - a mathematical playground with free tools, courses and manipulatives to make online learning more interactive and engaging.
Math for Love -a collection of free lesson plans, games and curriculum aimed at sharing the fun in math.
Youcubed -The Stanford School of Education hopes to inspire, educate and empower teachers of mathematics, transforming the latest research on math into accessible and practical forms.
Fun Brain -games and videos organized by grade level.
Hooda Math -games organized by grade level and subject.
HappyNumbers- classroom game ideas and directions.
Evidenced-based Strategies to Foster Student Resilience and Address Trauma
The video above is one of 13 videos complied by Regional Educational Laboratory West (REL West) to provide actionable strategies to help students build resiliency and strong relationships. The six strategies presented by Dr. Cofer closely align with the CASEL SEL competencies focusing on Health, meeting the basic human needs of students; Vision, setting clear expectations and routines; Collaboration, establishing supportive networks; Tenacity, fostering resilience through relationships; Composure, modeling pro-social behaviors; and Reasoning, building social emotional competence. Watch more videos here.
Self-paced Professional Development Focusing on ELs and MLs
Also check out these free resources and trainings:
UC Berkeley California Reading and Literature Project
Language Essentials for Teachers of Reading and Spelling Training
Equity Symposium, May 18-20, 2023
The Madera Superintendent of Schools is really excited to announce that we have lined up FIVE amazing authors (and are providing their books!) to bring the issues of equity in our schools to our Mid-State District Office, Site, and Teacher Leaders! As the attached flyer says, “Our Symposium is designed to highlight current equity-focused authors whose work could amplify the change-making efforts at schools, thus fortifying the educational lives of our most marginalized students.”
This is a Thursday (9:30 – 3:30), Friday (9:30 – 3:30), Saturday (9:30 – noon) event, at the Madera County Superintendent of Schools’ Conference Center, May 18-20.
Registration is waived and hotel accommodations are provided for Mid-State leaders (*first 50 rooms). Register here.
State Testing is just around the Corner
Check out these resources for more information on specific tests:
- Overview of CAASPP
- Overview of Smarter Balanced Summative Assessment
- Overview of CAST
- CAASPP Practice Test Information and video
- ELPAC Testing Information
- Tools for Teachers