Chief Points For Seniors
February 12, 2018
February 12, 2018
Pennsylvania ROFL Scholarship
Welcome to the Pennsylvania ROFL (rolling on floor laughing) scholarship! At Pointe Pest Control we believe school is important, but paying for school is not always easy. We want to give back to the community by providing this scholarship to any high school senior or college freshman from Pennsylvania. Take a quick break from your studies and create something funny for a chance to win a $500 scholarship.
- The scholarship must be submitted, in full, by April 30, 2018. LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
- INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
- Applications for scholarship can be submitted by any high school senior or college freshman from the state of Pennsylvania.
- This scholarship is a one time scholarship worth $500. It will be awarded May 30, 2018.
- All applicants must be submitted electronically using this form.
The Thomas P. Kilduff Memorial Scholarship of the Luzerne Foundation
Deadline: March 30, 2018
The Thomas P. Kilduff Memorial Scholarship is offering a scholarship that will help defray the cost of books and related expenses benefiting a Wyoming Valley Conference public school senior pursuing higher education who exemplifies Tom's excellent sportsmanship.
- Student must be a Senior Varsity Golfer attending public school within the Wyoming Valley Conference who is a varsity competitor on their team.
- Student must be college bound/show acceptance into college.
- Student must exhibit excellent sportsmanship.
- Two letters of recommendation from a non-relative.
- Typed essay (500 words max). The essay theme should address "why student believes he/she merits his scholarship."
- Student must submit the Expected Family Contribution (EFC) confirmation page on the FASFA.
- The scholarship is a one-time and is not renewable.
Application can be found on the website www.luzfdn.org
Chris Till Sender Scholarship Award
Deadline: April 1, 2018
Chris Till Sender Scholarship Award to be presented to one student in 2018 who will be attending a school of cosmetology in Lackawanna County in the year of the award. The recipient will be selected by the SAF Scholarship Committee from among applications submitted to the Foundation.
Scholarship will be given to a student whose qualifications meet the following guidelines:
- Demonstrated commitment to his/her profession
- Evidence of community involvement and service to others
- Submission of a personal essay describing student's goals
Century Club of Scranton: Scholarship for Nursing Students
Deadline: April 6, 2018
The Century Club of Scranton offers to high school graduates, who reside in Lackawanna County an opportunity for scholarships in nursing. The college/university must be located in the state of Pennsylvania. Selections for these scholarships are granted on the basis of school record, scholarship need and aptitude.
- Students accepted for scholarships must declare a nursing major.
- High School Transcript (with 3rd Quarter Grades)
- 3 Letters of Recommendatios
- 1 Page typed essay on the importance of receiving this scholarship, include a description of your school experience and goals
The Northeast Pennsylvania Audubon Society Scholarship
Deadline: April 30, 2018
Scholarship to a graduating senior who wishes to major in an environmental field such as Forestry, Natural Resources, Environmental Planning, Environmental Engineering, Fish, Game, or Wildlife Management, Ecology and/or Environmental Science at an accredited 2 or 4 year college or university. The scholarship is awarded in increments of $1000 per year for each year of the degree program.
Midori Yamanouchi, Ph.D. Scholarship Fund
Amount: TBDDeadline: April 1, 2018
The Scranton Area Foundation is proud to administer the Midori Yamanouchi, Ph.D. Scholarship Fund. Each year this scholarship award will be given to one student who will be attending a local college or university. One student shall be recommended by each high school using the enclosed criteria and guidelines. The recipient will be selected by the SAF Scholarship Committee from among recommendations and applications submitted to the Foundation from local high schools.