RES Staff Update
April 29-May 3, 2019
Celebrating Our Staff One Decade at a Time!
Staffing for Next Year
We are excited to welcome the following in-district transfers to Robison next year.
Michelle Nixon, from Yeager, will be joining us to teach Pre-K.
Allison Hamling, from Hamilton, and Katie Noble, from Hoover, will be joining us to teach PPCD.
Michelle Vicary, from Pope, and Kellie Vozar, from Tipps, will be joining us to teach 4th-grade reading and language arts.
Samantha Gerron, from Emery, will join the fourth-grade team to teach language arts.
Rachael Walker, from Lee, will be our AB teacher.
Lauren Pawlak, from Sheridan, will teach 3rd-grade math and science.
I will also keep you updated with some personal information about our new Robison team members. I've asked them to compile a little information that I can share with you. I'll continue to share as I receive more information.
Michelle Nixon (Pre-K)- I Love to work out, do Zumba, and I am a runner. I would love to host a class after school for Zumba next year if any staff is interested. The most important personal info about me is that I am an overly obnoxious Die Hard Florida Gator and obsessed with my dog Tim Tebow. Professionally, my passion is early childhood and presenting staff development and my greatest accomplishment in the district was writing the pre-k curriculum guide last summer.
Katie Todd Noble (PPCD)-I'm excited to join the PPCD team at A. Robison to kick off my tenth year of education! I previously worked as a Special Education teacher in Austin ISD and in Cy-Fair ISD at Fiest and Hoover. Last summer, I joined the training cadre as a Quantum Learning facilitator for the district. I am married to my husband Ricky, who is also a Cy-Fair teacher, and together, we have a three-year-old son named Ben and two dogs. My favorite color is green and when I'm not working, I enjoy live music, photography, and relaxing with my family.
Allison Hamling (PPCD)-I am so excited to join the Robison Rockets. I can’t wait to meet all of you in August. I will be bringing over 8 years of teaching experience, five of which have been dedicated to PPCD. When I am not busy with school, I love to spend time with my rambunctious 3-year-old daughter and husband.
Michelle Vicary (4th)-My name is Michelle Vicary. I live in Coles Crossing with my husband, Brent, our twin girls, Ashlyn and Taylor, and our dog Maddie Mae. We love Aggie football, good food, and hanging out with our family and friends. I have been an educator for 21 years in CFISD. During this time, I have worked at Matzke Elementary and Pope Elementary. My experience includes 2nd, 3rd, 5th, and administrative positions. I am excited to be joining the Robison family and meeting everyone.
Kellie Vozar (4th)-Hi, my name is Kellie Vozar. I'm so excited to be joining Robison next school year as a 4th grade Reading/LangArts teacher! I am coming from Tipps Elementary, where I have taught 4th grade the past three years. A little bit about me, I have a horse named Koda and a sweet dog named Dixie. In my free time, I love going indoor rock climbing, running, and competing in rodeos. I can't wait to get to know you all, and I'm looking forward to a fantastic school year!
Lauren Pawlak (3rd)-My name is Lauren Pawlak. I am so excited about becoming a Robison Rocket. I have been teaching for 10 years, most of those years in 3rd-grade math/science. When I am not at school, I love spending time with my family, friends, and working out with my Camp Gladiator community. Although I do not have any kids of my own yet, I have 3 nieces (one was just born on April 17th) and one nephew (another nephew is coming in August). I am so excited to see what next year brings!
CFISD Bond Election
Reminders for This Week
Tuesday, April 30
- Marco's Pizza Night (PTO)
Thursday, May 2
- Appy Hour (Seesaw)
Friday, May 3
- Treats (Large group, PPCD & PK)
- Admin Lock-in for Rocketfest prize (4:30-7:30 pm)
- Volunteer Appreciation Breakfast-TIME CHANGE TO 9:00 AM
Monday, May 6
- Kinder Math EOY Benchmark begins
Tuesday, May 7
- Appy Hour (Google Drive)
Wednesday, May 8
- Admin Planning Retreat for 2019-2020 (9 am- 3 pm)
Thursday, May 9
- Orange Leaf Spirit Night (PTO)
Thursday, May 16
- Moran @ Tech Liaison Meeting (4:30)
Friday, May 17
- PTO 100+ hour volunteer breakfast (8:00 am)
- Class groupings @ planning
- PTO General Meeting (9 am)
- PTO Budget Meeting (9:30-1:00)
Monday, May 20
- Gerletti @ Zoom Meeting (9 am)
- Retirement Party to honor our retirees! (4:15 pm in the library)
Wednesday, May 22
- 4th-grade field trip to Flowtek
Friday, May 24
- 5th-grade end-of-year party at Urban Air (9-11:30) with lunch served to students on campus
Tuesday, May 28
- 5th-grade honor walk and the talent show (9-11 am)
- 5th-grade large group @ 3:00 pm
Wednesday, May 29
- Senior Walk for graduating seniors (approx. 10:00 am--after senior breakfast @ Cy-Woods)
Monday, June 3
- Math training with Garland (PK & K: 8:30-11:30 and 1st: 12:30-3:30)
Tuesday, June 4
- Club Rewind Program begins at Robison
- Math training with Garland (2nd: 8:30-11:30 and 3rd: 12:30-3:30)
Wednesday, June 5
- Math training with Garland (5th: 8:30-11:30 and 4th: 12:30-3:30)
Staff Dress for the Week
Tuesday--Team Shirt Tuesday OR Professional Dress
Upcoming Appy Hours
SeeSaw- May 2nd
Google Drive- May 7th