Grade Level Meeting: Recap 3/19/15
In only 6 weeks, 77 out of 114 students grew at least 1 level!!! That's 67% of our scholars!!!
Before the SBC there were 10 students at a 5th grade level, and now there are 44! Way to go, third grade!!!
Skill Based Centers
- Students like to use them, they are engaged
- Walking around to figure out the strategy with the students
- Use strategies with problems on the board
- Students keep each other accountable
Next steps & improvements:
Close gap earlier by:
- Begin next school year with addition during the first weeks of schools
- Include Multiplication around November-December
- Mrs. Iwasko will share videos through Torsh on the Exemplars section, to show the explanation of strategies by other students.
Next steps starting after STAAR:
- Use flashcards or cut the screener for students to quiz each other every other Friday. This will be a progress monitoring for students to move between levels faster.
- Third Friday (6th week) administer screener in small groups.
In the links below you can find the Manual for the Skill Based Centers, as well as the activities related to the Addition and Subtraction SBC: