The Lesson of Work
by Jessica Clawson
A Job I've Had: Babysitting!
- My responsibilities included; watching them, feeding them, bathing them, entertaining them, putting them in bed, etc.
- The amount of time I put in this job was: anywhere from 3-10+ hours.
- Lessons/information I gained from this experience: how to take care of children, and I gained patience.
- How will this job help me prepare for future work? For when I have children, or if I decide to go into a career that has a lot to do with being around kids!
In the future, the job I would like to have is: some kind of a family crisis counselor!
- In order to do this job effectively, I will have to learn to do the following; gain more patience, be a better listener, and just learn how to “read” people, so I can help them.
- By successfully taking on this job, I should feel accomplished, because I did what I’ve been looking forward to doing for years!