Probability and Statistics
- 68% of the data falls within the first standard deviation from the mean.
- 95% of the data falls within two standard deviations from the mean.
- 97% (or nearly all) of the data falls within three standard deviations from the mean.
Finding Sample Mean and Standard Deviation
How to find u and o
- To find o, subtract the mean and square the answer.
- After doing this for all of the values, take the average.
- Lastly, take the square root of the average of the values and that gives o.