Friday, May 12, 2017
Tuesday, May 16- Testing Training During All Planning Periods; 7th Grade House Meeting;Elective Team Meeting 1:00; M.O.V.E. Reception 5:00pm at High School
Wednesday, May 17- 6th Grade to School Store: P.I.N.K. meets during Spartan Time; ELA/SS Content Level Planning; 6th Grade Dance 3:45-5:30pm; SIT Meeting 3:45pm
Thursday, May 18- Math/Science Content Level Planning; BT End of the Year Celebration 4:00 at Central Office, Chorus Concert 7:00pm
Friday, May 19-EVAAS Roster Verification Due (Teachers), 6th & 8th Grade House Meetings; Character Education
Saturday, May 20- Robotics Competition
Tuesday, May 23- 7th Grade House Meeting; Elective Team Meeting 1:00; P.I.N.K. Dinner with Dr. Hargrave 5:00pm
Wednesday, May 24- 6th Grade to the Student Store; P.I.N.K. meets during Spartan Time; ELA/SS Content Level Planning;
Thursday, May 25- District Testing Meeting 8:00am; Math/Science Content Level Planning; EOG Pep Rally (afternoon assembly)
Friday, May 26- 8th Grade Science EOG; 6th and 7th Grades Science NCFE
- The End of Year Testing schedule will be changing. We will publish the final and official testing calendar on Monday. Test administrator training will be held in House Leader classrooms on Tuesday, May 16 during all planning periods. Details regarding the testing schedule will be discussed at that time.
- The Central Office Technology Team will be in the Media Center on Tuesday May 23rd at 2:00 pm to do the end of year assessment of all electronic equipment. The equipment that will be assessed are as follows: laptops, I Pads, Chromebooks. Any equipment that is listed and assigned to you will need to be brought in to the team for the assessment. The team will check for damaged screens, bezels, chargers, etc. If you cannot bring your equipment hat day, you will be responsible for bringing it to the Technology Dept. at Central Office personally to be assessed. If you should have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact Tracy McGill, or Mary Collins at any time.
School Bus Class - Scotland County Schools will hold another School Bus Class this summer. The dates are July 31st – August 3rd at NC Cooperative Extension Office on Cronly Street (across from the Courthouse). All interested candidates should contact Gail McNeill. TAs or coaches are encouraged to attend.
The State Board of Education approved North Carolina Global Educator Digital Badge (GEDB) for Teachers is available now. Once teachers have completed their Global Education focused annual Professional Development Plan, they can officially notify NCDPI and begin the process. For more information on the Badge (SBE Policy, FAQs, Implementation Guide and archived webinars for teachers and principals), and information on the development of additional criteria for other educators to earn the GEDB, please visit: http://www.ncpublicschools.org/globaled/actions/item1-2. or contact Helga Fasciano, Special Assistant for Global Education at firstname.lastname@example.org
Staff Thoughts and Prayers Corner
Please remember our custodian Preston Davis and he recently is dealing with the death of his mother : (Maggie D. Farmer):
Visitation - Monday, May 15, 2017 - 2pm - 7pm at the funeral home (Robeson McLean Funeral Home, Maxton, NC).
Funeral - Tuesday, May 16, 2017 - 3pm at Glory Outreach Ministry, Laurel Hill, NC 28351
Amani Jarvis: She is now at home with her son recovering but has been recommended by doctor's to miss the remainder of the school year.We hope Amani will regain all functions in her left arm and gets to 100% soon!
Geraldine McNeill: Is at home recovering from her recent surgeries and we wish her a speedy recovery so she will be back at 100% soon.
Please remember these staff members during your prayer and/or reflection time.
- If you are interested in participating in the EOG skit for the pep rally, please contact Mrs. Harris. It will be on the afternoon of May 25th.
- We are in need of clean tin cans. Mrs. McRae will leave a box in the teachers' lounge for them. They are going to create punched tin centerpieces and luminaries for the 8th grade formal. Thanks!!
- Your assistance is needed with holding our students accountable and responsible for their OUTSTANDING FINES. If you all could please assist in reminding your students that if they do not turn in the funds that are owed (Chocolate money, library books, chromebook repairs, classroom supplies and etc). If their outstanding fines are unpaid, they will not be allowed to participate in upcoming activities to include PBIS events, eighth grade formal and any other school-wide activity.
DUKE football is right around the corner and now is your exclusive chance to secure discounted tickets for a game at Brooks Field at Wallace Wade Stadium! As part of Teacher Appreciation Week, we are excited to offer all teachers and their families specially-priced tickets to see the Blue Devils take on Baylor and Florida State!
Tickets can be ordered directly through the active links below using the promotional code "TEACHER" right away:
- DUKE vs. Baylor | Homecoming | SAT, SEP 16 (click here)
Reserved Group – only $17 for Sections 13 & 14 (regularly $57)
Premium Reserved – only $37 for Sections 23-30 (regularly $67)
- DUKE vs. Florida State | Teacher Appreciation Day | SAT, OCT 14 (click here)
Reserved Group – only $27 for Sections 13 & 14 (regularly $62)
Premium Reserved – only $47 for Sections 23-30 (regularly $72)
For questions or group ticket orders of more than ten (10) seats, please call me directly at 919-684-3922. Thank you for your support of Duke Athletics and as always, GO BLUE DEVILS!