Ridgeview STEM Junior High School
October 25, 2019
7th graders to see MacBeth on 11/7-Please send in $
UPDATED INFORMATION-7th grade students will leave chromebooks and book bags in their lockers at the end of the day on Wednesday, November 6 so they will not have to worry about having anything at the high school. Teachers will not assign homework on Wednesday evening.
*****If you have not done so already, please send in $3.00.
Thanks to all who have already paid!
Dear Parent of a Ridgeview 7th grade student,
Once again this year, PLSD Junior High students will have the opportunity to attend theatrical productions at their respective high schools. This is a great chance for our students to see our high school theatre department perform, and decide if it is something they would like to pursue.
On Thursday, November 7th, all 7th grade students will attend MacBeth at Pickerington High School Central.
· Students who ride the bus will be dropped off at the high school.
· Walkers & car riders will go directly to PHS-Central’s main entrance (where the logos are)
· Students who normally ride a bike are to either walk or be dropped off at the high school.
· After the play, all students will return to Ridgeview by bus in time for lunches, and will resume their normal class schedule.
The cost to attend the play is $3 per student, which will be collected by P.A.W. teachers effective immediately.
If by chance, we are closed due to inclement weather, we will not reschedule and ticket money will be refunded. If you DO NOT want for your child to attend the play, or have special circumstances, please notify the school office ASAP. Students who do not attend the play will be required to do school work in a supervised classroom until all students and staff have returned from the production.
College & Career Night Weds., Nov. 13 @ Ridgeview
Pickerington Schools College and Career Family Night
It’s never too early to start building foundations for your child’s college and career!
Join us and start the planning process at this event designed specifically for Pickerington junior high and middle school students (with their parents). You may purchase dinner at food trucks on site. Non-Perishable food items will be collected at the door to support the Pickerington Food Pantry.
5 p.m. — Dinner & “The Career Path Less Taken” Movie
Food Trucks Available to Purchase Dinner:
• Star City Sliders
• Pizza Cottage
(dining space in RSJH’s cafeteria)
6-8 p.m. - Sessions-Topics will include:
• College Admissions 101
• Gifted course progression
• Preparing for scholarships now
• Saving for college/training programs
• Career Center opportunities
• NCAA athletics and your future
• Smart study habits
• Homework help
• National Junior Honor Society
• Military Connections
• Digital Playground
• Graduation requirements
• HART Hillard Awareness Program
• Service learning
• College Credit Plus/ ex credit
• High school and junior high student panels • Success skills for college and career
• College lift-off
• STEM activities
• Creating a college-going culture at home
• AND MORE!
For full info and to register visit: www.pickerington.k12.oh.us/news/collegeandcareer2019/
Arts & Crafts Show
The annual Arts and Crafts show at Pickerington High School Central will be held on November 2 from 9:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m. This annual show is put on by both North and Central PTO’s. It is the only fundraiser for both schools. There will be many wonderful craft vendors with a variety of goods, an awesome bake sale and great food! Please click on the flyer for more details.
Updated Sports Information
**Check out 8 to 18/Ridgeview HOMEPAGE: https://oh.8to18.com/ridgeview for all updated sports information, dates, cancellations, drug testing times, schedules and forms
- Starts on Wednesday, November 6th.
- There will be multiple weight classes to fill this upcoming season ranging from 80 pounds all the way up to heavyweight (245 lbs.)
- Student athletes who are interested in wrestling report to study tables after school and then practice from 3:00 to approximately 5:00 on November 6th.
To participate in a winter sport:
1. Completed OHSAA Athletic physical packet on file in Athletics Office. Get a packet from Athletics office or online @ 8 to 18 Ridgeview website homepage.
2. Complete student online registration: https://oh.8to18.com/ridgeview
3. Attend Winter Athletic meeting with A.D. November 13
4. Understand if your student does make a team, the Pay to Play fee is $155 ($80 due November 22; $75 due January 10).
From the Athletic Director to all Winter Athletes
The mandatory* winter athletic drug testing is November 14 @2:30 in the gym locker rooms.
Please bring $10.00 cash or check made out to Pickerington Local Schools
*If you took the test in the fall, you do not have to take it again.
We are looking for volunteers to help out in the school store. We currently have (2 spots) Thursday mornings (6:50-7:10) as well as (2 spots) the third Friday of every month (9:50am-1:30pm) open. Maybe you and your bestie could work together!
If you are interested in either of these spots please email Jennifer Sander ~ firstname.lastname@example.org
The PTO will make one final collection of Box Tops before they go digital. Collection date will be December 13th. Please send in your box tops to your child's PAW time teacher.
The holidays are quickly approaching along with all the wonderful memories made during this special time of the year. The holidays are an enjoyable time with family and friends, however, that does not mean that they are not stressful! I realize some families may need some extra assistance providing a more memorable holiday for their children. Pickerington Schools are teaming up with the Violet Township Fire Department to help provide some holiday assistance for families in need during this holiday season.
For those out and about during the holiday season, you may see big red boxes throughout the community and in the schools. Ridgeview will be a Red Box donation site. If you would like to donate a new toy/gift for the holiday season it can be placed in the big red box. Gift cards are also appreciated, especially those for teens, those can be brought to the office. If you would prefer to donate in other ways, please let me know.
If you would like to complete an online form for holiday assistance this year, please contact Mr. Rittmeyer, school counselor, at (614)-548-1716 or email@example.com. The request link will then be provided to you, only one per household please. This form is handled in a confidential manner; however, the information will be shared with local agencies. More details will be shared with those families requesting holiday assistance. Please remember that we will only be able to supplement your holiday. The online form must be completed by Friday, November 22nd.
RSJH School Counselors