Elementary to Secondary School
What are the objectives of the transition meeting?
1. will allow all those involved, including, Patty, her parents, teachers, and support staff to have a chance to get to know each other
2. will allow all those involved to familiarize themselves with the process and the roles each of them will be expected to play
3. to allow the opportunity to identify any other sources of support that may be needed/available to the transition/planning process and to determine if there are any other supports that may be needed for Patty
Who is available to help with the transition?
2. All subject Teachers
3. SERT- Special Education Resource Teachers
4. Educational Assistants
5. Guidance Counselors
6. Psychologists, Physiotherapists, Interpreters, and any other professionals as needed
How does the process work?
1. Team leader appointed to coordinate the process
2. Team leader will select a transition team
3. Team will collect necessary background information
Development of the Plan:
1. Identify transition goals
2. Identify all steps and actions required to meet these goals
3. Ensure that all existing plans are coordinated with the transition plan
4. Identify timelines and responsibility for each step of the plan
Documentation and Implementation:
The finalized transition plan will include goals, responsibilities and timelines that will be included.