February 3-5 Newsletter
Schoology Student Resources & QR Codes
Schoology QR Codes
Schoology's newest QR Code feature allows students to use a device's camera to scan their personalized QR code to gain access to their Schoology account.
Student Acceptable Use Policy Reminder:
Please review the importance of account privacy if you choose to use the Schoology QR codes. It's important for students to keep their QR code to themselves and not share with any classmates or leave out around the classroom.
To Print Student QR Codes:
- Log into Schoology and go to one of your courses
- Select "Members" on the left side of the page
- On the right side of the page select "Print All QR Codes"
- If you need to reprint a specific student, select the gear icon next to the student's name on the Members page, then select "Print QR Code"
Students can use their QR code to log in to the Schoology app on an iPad, or laptop by selecting "Scan QR Code" on the login page.
Utilize Student Resources in Schoology
Within Schoology, students have a "Resources" tab, just like you do as a teacher. Within their Resources are group resources as well as Personal Resources. If students are working on different devices whether at home or school, using Schoology Resources is a nice spot for them to save their work and access from anywhere.
Watch the quick tutorial below, or follow these steps on an IPAD:
- Open the Schoology App and login
- In the left corner select the three horizontal bars icon
- Select Resources
- Select "Home"
- Select the (+) icon in the upper left corner
- Upload a photo/video with "Choose from Library", or "Select from iOS Apps" to access a file from your iPad.
- Select the green check
- You may need to hit the back arrow and go back into Home Resources to let it refresh and show your new upload.
Or follow these steps on a LAPTOP:
- Log into Schoology
- Select the Resources tab at the top of the page
- Select "Add Resource"
- Choose either a "file" or "link" and upload your work
Organization is key--have students create folders for their resources to help keep them organized! Note: folders can only be created from a web browser (not the Schoology app).
Watch this brief tutorial to learn how you and your students can take advantage of the resources feature in Schoology to get files from one device to another without email!
Click here to view a Parent Resource to get acquainted with navigating Schoology as a Parent
Click here to view the Parent Communication Letter for Creating a Schoology Parent Account
In the bottom left corner of your Schoology page, you will now see a blue button for the Schoology Guide Center to access the Help Center and Feature Announcements.
Instructional Technology Parent Night Resources
Please feel free to share with your families so that they can better support their child at home.
Click here to view the presentation and all handouts that were provided to families.