Santiago Charter Newsletter
Friday, June 2, 2023
Hello Santiago Families!
It's here! The last week of school! Although we are all looking forward to a break, we will miss seeing our students--- especially our promoting 8th graders! We hope that everyone has a lovely and safe summer vacation.
To our promoting class, you will always have a home at Santiago; we hope you know how much we have loved having you on our campus, and we will never forget your contributions to our community. Best luck with your next steps in high school! Don't forget to come back and say hello!
In true Santiago fashion, the last week of school is extremely busy. Please read the daily details below, and don't be afraid to give us a call if you have questions about anything.
:) Team Santiago
The Last Week of School!
- Sat. 6/3 - 8th gr. Promotion Party 5-8 pm @ Santiago
Week of 6/5 - 6/9 Last Week of School
- Mon. 6/5: ODD day / Yearbook signing
- Tues. 6/6: EVEN day
- Wed. 6/7: ALL periods/promotion practice/ regular dismissal @ 2:25 pm / Last day of school
- Fri. 6/9: Promotion 2023 / Students report 8:15am / Ceremony 9:00 am
Please read the packet attached above for specific details about this day, but here are a few reminders:
- Promotion is held on Friday, June 9th, at 9 AM on Santiago's track.
- 8th graders, please arrive no later than 8:15 AM to check in on the basketball courts.
- When selecting shoes for Friday, please remember that students will be walking from the basketball courts all the way down to the track. High heels are tough in the grass on and on the track!
- Promotion begins at 9:00 AM. Seating and parking fills up early and quickly, so please plan ahead! Your best bet is to park at El Modena High School, take the shuttle bus to Santiago, and bring your own chairs.
- Since seating and parking are limited, it is very important to please be patient and respectful towards our staff, other guests and the students. All are excited about this day, and we want everyone to happy and safe.
- Following the Promotion Ceremony, students can pick up certificates in the back of the track.
Wed. 8/2 - VIP registration - For a donation of $20, information to come
Thurs. 8/3 - Incoming students with last names beginning with the letters A-G
Fri. 8/4 - Incoming students with last names beginning with the letters H-Q
Mon. 8/7 - Incoming students with last names beginning with the letters R-Z
We look forward to starting the new school year with you !
Enrollment For 2023-2024
We are always so excited to get a chance to show off all the awesome opportunities at Santiago, so we thank you for helping to spread the word!
- Donate used uniforms: Do you have any uniform shirts or pants that you no longer can use? We would love to take them off your hands! We will launder them and use as loaners.
- The Wellness Center: Amazon Gift cards are needed to help with supplies and resources to support the Wellness Center. Please contact Ms. Patel or Mrs. Vicencia with any questions.
- Donate to the 8th grade promotion party, see information above.
Please check this link frequently to keep up with weekly events on campus!
Health and Safety Guidelines & Resources
Please follow us on Facebook, use the link below...
Santiago Charter Middle School
A public school, with a private school approach