MUSTANG TIDBITS FROM ROOM 304 & 306
STANDARDS WE ARE FOCUSING ON
- Actively participate in supported reading of literature forms, including chapter books, biographies, poems, fiction and nonfiction works that have been adapted to student ability level.
- When presented with illustrations of a character of an event from one story, select a matching character or event from a similar story.
- Participate in conversational exchanges using communication technology and picture supports.
- Retell key details and events from a story through an active participation response.
- Given error-less choices of pictures, make a selection of pictures to plan, edit and revise a sentence idea.
- With picture support, combine two or more words during a shared writing or speaking activity.
- Locate capital letters and ending punctuation in a sentence.
- Use language to share an idea with others.
- Count a set ob objects in an addition or subtraction problem through an active participation response.
- Select a number within a math problem.
- Select numbers and count within a two-step problem in the context of a real-world scenario.
- Match plants and animals to specific biome.
- Select a characteristic of a plant or animal that aids in survival.
- Identify plants and animals that contribute to healthful diet.
- Select pictures to sequence a series of events in history.
- Actively participate in supported reading or informational materials, including social studies and technical texts that have been adapted to student ability level.
This month in Art Exploration our class is exploring the Element of TEXTURE by working with clay!! We have created texture based seasonal artwork that I can't wait to glaze and send home. The class is covering their beginning art standards by focusing on the demonstrating basic technical skill and craftsmanship with their 3-D Art and applying the elements of art to create their work.I am so excited to see how their work progresses because I am seeing growth in each student everyday. We will be sending home letters from your student's classmates about how the class has been going so far so keep an eye out for those! If you have any questions I can be reached at email@example.com.
PHYSICAL EDUCATION CLASS
The students in the Adapted Physical Education class have been trying to take advantage of the nice weather and have been able to have class outdoors. Students have been improving their fitness level by moving around the the track the first ten minutes of class and then focusing on fall sports skills such as soccer and football for the rest of the period.
Standards we are focusing on:
- Recognizing and preparing foods
- Selecting units and using appropriate measurement tools in the context of daily living
- Describe and sequence events or steps of a procedure
- Use electrical appliances and tools with supported guidance
Cooking Activities for the Month of October Include:
- Forest Salsa
- Trail Mix
- World Series Dogs
- Baked Vegetables
- Banana Buses
- Apple Crisp
See wonderful pictures below!